English Premier League 2017-2018

wettsten

Chicago
Everton loses 3:1 at West Ham today. Another uninspired effort by the Toffees under Big Sam. Lone goal for Everton by Niasse. 2 goals by Lanzini and another by Arnautovic for the Hammers.

I would be very surprised if Allardyce is brought back next season.

supposedly, vieira is a target for manager at everton.

Fulham won today 2:0 over Derby County going through on aggregate 2:1. They get the winner of Aston Villa/Middlesbrough who will play their second leg tomorrow at Villa Park. Aston Villa won the 1st leg 0:1.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Fulham won today 2:0 over Derby County going through on aggregate 2:1. They get the winner of Aston Villa/Middlesbrough who will play their second leg tomorrow at Villa Park. Aston Villa won the 1st leg 0:1.

Fulham has a couple of Americans on their roster, as well as being owned by Illini Alum Shahid Khan.

They also play at one of the oldest and coolest places in London, Craven Cottage. Would love to see them back in the EPL.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/visit/craven-cottage

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Fulham has a couple of Americans on their roster, as well as being owned by Illini Alum Shahid Khan.

They also play at one of the oldest and coolest places in London, Craven Cottage. Would love to see them back in the EPL.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/visit/craven-cottage

Fully on board the Fulham train. Thanks for the link. McBride's Sports Bar is still part of Craven Cottage. Damn cool honor for an American! McBride is a great guy and was a VVG USMNT player. Arlington Heights native, Buffalo Grove HS and St. Louis Univ. star.

Aston Villa and Middlesbrough played to a 0:0 draw today, meaning that Aston Villa goes through on aggregate 1:0.

Aston Villa and Fulham will play for the final Premier League promotional spot May 26th at Wembley.

Everton sack Big Sam and West Ham decide to not renew David Moyes' contract.

The names being floated around as possible replacements at Everton include former Watford manager Marco Silva (who is the likely favorite), current Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca, Porto manager Sergio Conceicao, and Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta.

Fonseca is also being mentioned as a possibility for the West Ham job as are Rafael Benitez at Newcastle, former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, and outgoing PSG coach Unai Emery.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
On the bright side for any Man United fans like myself, Hoffenheim's young up and coming manager Julian Nagelsmann will apparently be staying at Hoffenheim for next season, as they qualified for UCL. Maybe just one more year of Mourinho at United, then we can bring this guy in!

Was on Arsenal's short list this year. Also rumored for the Bayern Munich job as well. Would love to see him at Old Trafford soon!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
On the bright side for any Man United fans like myself, Hoffenheim's young up and coming manager Julian Nagelsmann will apparently be staying at Hoffenheim for next season, as they qualified for UCL. Maybe just one more year of Mourinho at United, then we can bring this guy in!

Was on Arsenal's short list this year. Also rumored for the Bayern Munich job as well. Would love to see him at Old Trafford soon!

Now that Allegri is out, I wanted Nagelsmann at Arsenal.

wettsten

Chicago
Everton sack Big Sam and West Ham decide to not renew David Moyes' contract.

The names being floated around as possible replacements at Everton include former Watford manager Marco Silva (who is the likely favorite), current Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca, Porto manager Sergio Conceicao, and Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta.

Fonseca is also being mentioned as a possibility for the West Ham job as are Rafael Benitez at Newcastle, former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, and outgoing PSG coach Unai Emery.

Did I hear Everton was looking at Emery?

looks like West Ham is too

wettsten

Chicago
What happened to Patrick Vieira? I thought he was the front runner.

he apparently received a token call from Arsenal saying "hi, we thought of you but we're going in a different direction" and he got pretty upset about it.

wettsten

Chicago
Had to watch the DVR of it. Not sure why I wasted my time watching it. What a craptastic final.

Can someone please explain Jose Mourinho's fascination with Phil Jones??? Terrible!!!

i find it amusing that he said Chelsea didn't deserve to win because of their defending.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Shad Khan hits the EPL jackpot with Fulham, no doubt Whitman is gonna be in touch...:thumb:

Yep. Great to see Fulham in the EPL next season. And to watch games at Craven Cottage again! A great, old time park to watch a game.

Also, Americans Tim Ream and youngster Luca de la Torre hopefully will stick with the team and their promotion.