English Premier League 2017-2018

wettsten

Chicago
Oh he will definitely help them this year and it’s only a two year deal.

They basically got him for free as well so it’s a win all around.

lukaku for rooney? they definitely traded down. but few teams are in a position to reject big money.

I saw a tweet that said Tottenham was the only EPL team without a transfer signing this summer. Not sure what if it really means, but just found it interesting. When Arsenal built the Emirates, they had to (or maybe chose to) cut down on transfer spending for a few years. Maybe Spurs will have to do the same.

I saw a tweet that said Tottenham was the only EPL team without a transfer signing this summer. Not sure what if it really means, but just found it interesting. When Arsenal built the Emirates, they had to (or maybe chose to) cut down on transfer spending for a few years. Maybe Spurs will have to do the same.

I have a friend whose a Spurs fan and he's concerned about them being able to win at Wembley considering how much they've struggled there in the past.

wettsten

Chicago
Walcott to Everton for £30M?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And Morata to Chelsea.

Who will have the best year between Lacazette, Morata, and Lukaku? Safe money is on Lukaku but you never know how players will perform with new clubs. I'm guessing 1 of these guys will be underwhelming, but which one?

wettsten

Chicago
And Morata to Chelsea.

Who will have the best year between Lacazette, Morata, and Lukaku? Safe money is on Lukaku but you never know how players will perform with new clubs. I'm guessing 1 of these guys will be underwhelming, but which one?

see: fernando torres

i'd say in order: lukaku, lacazette, morata. based on actual goals scored, not expectations.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
see: fernando torres

i'd say in order: lukaku, lacazette, morata. based on actual goals scored, not expectations.

If you add Chicharito to the list, I'd slot him in right after Lukaku.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
spurs-bargain-xi.jpg

If you ever wondered why nobody likes to do business with Daniel Levy.

The total cost of the current starting XI is about the same as what Spurs got from Real Madrid for Bale.

bredhartmann

Centralia, IL
As always, a reminder that this is the final weekend without Premier League football (excluding international breaks) until May.

Guess it's a good time for predictions then (at the risk of some last minute transfers).

1. Man City
2. Man U
3. Tottenham
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Everton

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United top 4.

But this is assuming Costa and Sanchez stay. My predictions might be completely different depending on what happens before the transfer window closes.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Costa is a goner. Barca wants Coutinho and he probably wants them. No clue on Sanchez, think he stays, but no confidence. Lacazette should be excellent. Chelsea brings in Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. They're going to be tough.

Your (jrichisamazing) top 4 is as good as any other. Spurs take a step back because they have CL games and lost Walker?

wettsten

Chicago
Costa is a goner. Barca wants Coutinho and he probably wants them. No clue on Sanchez, think he stays, but no confidence. Lacazette should be excellent. Chelsea brings in Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. They're going to be tough.

Your (jrichisamazing) top 4 is as good as any other. Spurs take a step back because they have CL games and lost Walker?

based on currently completed transfer activity, I'd say they take a step back too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If Barca lands Coutinho (and I think they will), Arsenal should land Lemar. That would be a big add.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
If Bayern lands Dier, that will really hurt the Spurs.

You like tabloid rumors, eh? Pochettino has already stated that no more 1st team players will be leaving. He's actually looking to bring in 2-3 players with some of the funds from the Walker deal.

Oh - and nobody says "the Spurs". It's just "Spurs".

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
You like tabloid rumors, eh? Pochettino has already stated that no more 1st team players will be leaving. He's actually looking to bring in 2-3 players with some of the funds from the Walker deal.

:hurl:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

haha. Agree that most transfer rumors are rubbish. However, Bayern appear to want him and $50M pounds is a lot. So, we'll see. Hard to keep relatively low paid guys in the fold when you've achieved a lot of success (e.g. Walker).

We'll see what the Spurs do.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Hard to keep relatively low paid guys in the fold when you've achieved a lot of success (e.g. Walker).

We'll see what the Spurs do.

Letting Walker go for £50 million was just good business. He's 27 and his game is built on speed. And that speed is likely to decrease the closer he gets to 30.

Dier is only 23. I'd be surprised if they let him go, but stranger things have happened.

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
Letting Walker go for £50 million was just good business. He's 27 and his game is built on speed. And that speed is likely to decrease the closer he gets to 30.

Dier is only 23. I'd be surprised if they let him go, but stranger things have happened.

Transfer fees are outrageous anymore. Everyone is for sale if the price is high enough, it's just unreal how much teams are willing to pay.

Yep, can't tread water in this league. Even as champions I still think teams should tweak things. Chelsea didn't do that 2 years ago and had a terrible season. I'm glad they did some things this year. Plus Spurs don't have much depth. They rely on Kane and Erikson too much. Which is fine until one of those guys gets hurt.