9:00 AM, NBCSN: Chelsea vs. Burnley
9:00 AM, CNBC: Everton vs. Stoke City
11:30 AM, NBC: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Manchester City

Sunday
7:30 AM, NBCSN: Newcastle vs. Spurs
10:00 AM, NBCSN: Manchester United vs. West Ham

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
EPL is underway, Illini football & basketball are undefeated, everybody's favorite NL central team is dramatically back in the mix,and Trubisky is off to a good start. Life is good.

wettsten

Chicago
EPL is underway, Illini football & basketball are undefeated, everybody's favorite NL central team is dramatically back in the mix,and Trubisky is off to a good start. Life is good.

NL = North London? :thumb:

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Leicester deserved at least a draw.

Had to wait until the final whistle to agree.

And that was one of two upsets today. Chelsea were down to 9 men after Fabregas got his second yellow card. Thought for a second it was a Jose Mourinho led team considering the performance today.

Other upset was Huddersfield Town, in their first match ever in the Premier League, winning at home 3:0 over Crystal Palace.

Everton 1:0 Stoke City

Stoke tried to make it close late but Everton win out with the stoppage time goal in the 1st half from Wayne Rooney. Pickford looked really good in goal and that save late was a thing of beauty.

Toffees next play a week from Monday when they travel to the Etihad to take on Manchester City.

And that was one of two upsets today. Chelsea were down to 9 men after Fabregas got his second yellow card. Thought for a second it was a Jose Mourinho led team considering the performance today.

Other upset was Huddersfield Town, in their first match ever in the Premier League, winning at home 3:0 over Crystal Palace.

Batshuayi was terrible today, but other than that the performance was fine considering the circumstances. Nothing like the meltdown 2 years ago.

Morata looked really good today. Once he is fit, plus Hazard and Bakayoko get back we should be off to the races. Just have to try and keep our heads above water until then.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Because of today's red cards and last week's straight red, Chelsea will be without Cahill, Fabregas and Pedro when they meet Spurs at Wembley.

Because of today's red cards and last week's straight red, Chelsea will be without Cahill, Fabregas and Pedro when they meet Spurs at Wembley.

Pedro's red doesn't carry into the Premier League, but he is out because of injury. The FA basically treats the Community Shield as a glorified friendly.

Pedro(injured), Hazard(injured), Moses(red), Bakayoko(injured), Cahill(red), Fabregas(red). Great way to start the season.

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
Pedro's red doesn't carry into the Premier League, but he is out because of injury. The FA basically treats the Community Shield as a glorified friendly.

Pedro(injured), Hazard(injured), Moses(red), Bakayoko(injured), Cahill(red), Fabregas(red). Great way to start the season.

I believe straight reds count in the Community Shield as a suspension. 2 yellows does not but a straight red will keep Pedro out.

United looked really good today, but I also think West Ham did almost nothing to test them. Chicharito will have a long frustrating season if that is the kind of support he gets every game.

Shelvey with a dumb red to make it easy on Spurs. The Kane, Erikson, Alli machine is still alive and well.

City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs all within reach of the title come May? Unlikely, but possible.

Looks like Sigurdsson to Everton is all but done. Good for him and Everton. I've always been a fan and I'm excited to see what he can do with more talent.

wettsten

Chicago
Spurs closing in on aurier from PSG as they try to fund neymar. somehow PSG think they could buy mbappe too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spurs closing in on aurier from PSG as they try to fund neymar. somehow PSG think they could buy mbappe too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure how the could possibly be staying within financial fair play if the pay another $100 million plus for mbappe

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Was just about to post that Sigurdsson news. The deal is for up to £45 million with the medical exam to take place tomorrow.

It is rumored that Tottenham included a 10% sell-on fee when they sent Sigurdsson to Swansea. If so - up to £4.5 million of that will make it's way back to Spurs.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
He's out for 6 weeks, so maybe not. Spurs and Chelsea sniffing around.

It's being reported that Barkley has a Grade 3 hamstring tear. If that is correct, 6 weeks would be the minimum. I'm guessing he still gets moved at a much lower price, as Everton don't want him to walk for free next summer.