English Premier League 2017-2018

wettsten

Chicago
The matches have all been scheduled. It's time to discuss title favorites and make relegation predictions.

wettsten

Chicago
Here's when the different derbies will be taking place next season:

-September 16: Arsenal-Chelsea (Stamford Bridge)
-October 14: North-West Derby (Anfield)
-November 10: North London Derby (Emirates Stadium)
-November 28: M23 Derby (Amex Stadium)
-December 2: Arsenal-Manchester United (Emirates); New Forest Derby (Vitality Stadium)
-December 9: Merseyside Derby (Anfield); Manchester Derby (Old Trafford)
-January 1: Arsenal-Chelsea (Emirates Stadium)
-February 10: North London Derby (Wembley)
-March 10: North-West Derby (Old Trafford)
-April 7: Merseyside Derby (Goodison Park); Manchester Derby (Etihad)
-April 14: M23 Derby (Selhurst Park)
-April 28: Arsenal-Manchester United (Old Trafford); New Forest Derby (St. Mary's Stadium)

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
It's time to discuss title favorites

If my Spurs were playing one more season at White Hart Lane, I would have chosen them as a title favorite (most points over the last 2 seasons). However, as they will be playing all of their home matches at Wembly, I think they will drop points early in the season as they try to adjust their style to the larger pitch.

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
Can anyone here provide a capsule synopsis (pros & cons) on AS Roma player Mohammad Salah who is rumored to Liverpool? From what I have gleaned, his speed seems to be a big plus and apparently he regularly figured in to scoring at Roma. I have not seen him play so any info will be appreciated. Thanks and happy Father's Day to those deserving.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
The days of getting all matches through cable / satellite are gone. :mad:

Anyone who wants access to all EPL matches next season will need a cable / satellite subscription + the new $49.99 Premier League Pass.

It looks like each team will have at least 3 matches exclusively on the new Pass, and less popular teams will likely have many more than that.

wettsten

Chicago

Anyone who wants access to all EPL matches next season will need a cable / satellite subscription + the new $49.99 Premier League Pass.

It looks like each team will have at least 3 matches exclusively on the new Pass, and less popular teams will likely have many more than that.

i'm not so mad. hopefully this is a step in the right direction for cord-cutters. and the price isn't that bad. it's $50 per year, so it's a little over $4 per month when you break it down.

i've started using tv.youtube and it's been quite nice. i've been able to watch all the matches i've wanted to so far since it includes ESPN, NBCSN, FS1, and FS2 and looking forward to BTN in basketball season.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Sadly, the "free" access wasn't bound to last. OTOH, $50 for the entire season isn't much. NBC should be granted the opportunity to recoup its production costs. I'm almost definitely in.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Yeah - the $50 isn't much. For me, it more of a convenience thing. Instead of flipping the channel on DirecTV, I now have to switch over to my Roku and log into their new app to watch any non-broadcast match.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Yeah - the $50 isn't much. For me, it more of a convenience thing. Instead of flipping the channel on DirecTV, I now have to switch over to my Roku and log into their new app to watch any non-broadcast match.

The snarky reply is "Better get used to it." But, yeah, it's a minor PITA.

Can anyone here provide a capsule synopsis (pros & cons) on AS Roma player Mohammad Salah who is rumored to Liverpool? From what I have gleaned, his speed seems to be a big plus and apparently he regularly figured in to scoring at Roma. I have not seen him play so any info will be appreciated. Thanks and happy Father's Day to those deserving.

I know a little bit about him since he used to play for Chelsea, and my Egyptian friend also loves him and keeps me updated.

He is very fast. His technical game is just too inconsistent to be considered a "star" IMO. He could hit a 25 yard laser into the upper-90 and then 5 minutes later hit the same shot out of the stadium. But he is still only 25 and the technical part of his game has definitely improved since leaving Chelsea.

I just don't see how he fits in with Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Mane, etc....but depth is always a good thing now that Liverpool are in the UCL again.

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
I know a little bit about him since he used to play for Chelsea, and my Egyptian friend also loves him and keeps me updated.

He is very fast. His technical game is just too inconsistent to be considered a "star" IMO. He could hit a 25 yard laser into the upper-90 and then 5 minutes later hit the same shot out of the stadium. But he is still only 25 and the technical part of his game has definitely improved since leaving Chelsea.

I just don't see how he fits in with Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Mane, etc....but depth is always a good thing now that Liverpool are in the UCL again.

The speed really came through on the film that I was able to find and some of his passes/setups (highlights of course) were brilliant. I am not yet able to assess the technical merits of anyone as I am still too new to the game. If it is related to consistency, passing prowess, decision making, and field management, as it seems, then we'll trust in Jurgen. We'll also trust in him to handle the seeming surplus you noted, but after last years injury-pallozza a few reserves of note feels luxurious. Thanks for the info, 42 days to go.

wettsten

Chicago
The floor on this acquisition should be very good. Good to be (a) king! Gotta hold onto Sanchez.

latest rumor is that alexis is demanding 400k pounds/week. who has that kind of money to spend on their wage bill? as good as he is, i don't think he's on the same level as cr7 or messi.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
latest rumor is that alexis is demanding 400k pounds/week. who has that kind of money to spend on their wage bill? as good as he is, i don't think he's on the same level as cr7 or messi.

He's not. That's larceny, but Arsenal's between a rock and a hard place. Assuming City will meet his demands, is Aguero an acceptable replacement? I think so, but would clearly rather have Sanchez.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL

He not even on the same level as Harry Kane, who's only making £100,000 per week.

wettsten

Chicago
He not even on the same level as Harry Kane, who's only making £100,000 per week.

i would say that they're about the same level. although at 100k per week, kane is severely underpaid. hopefully he'll get a new contract to get a bump in pay.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL

Attachments

• 1499548252378.jpg
    1499548252378.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 476
I'm pretty much eh on the Rooney signing. His numbers haven't been great the past couple of years. I don't even if at this point that I'd want him as a top 11 guy. May be better suited to be a rotational player.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
Oh he will definitely help them this year and it’s only a two year deal.

They basically got him for free as well so it’s a win all around.