English Premier League 2018-2019

wettsten

Chicago
Total suckage (sports wise) yesterday, save for the Gunners. Cracking match. Emery has them rolling. Torreira has been a great add.

fully agree with everything. illini basketball was plain awful. just realized that my big trade in my fantasy football was dropped from the team completely (kareem hunt). torreira has been the best pickup of the (gunner's) summer transfer window. who was saying that spurs would improve even though they didn't bring in any new players?

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
fully agree with everything. illini basketball was plain awful. just realized that my big trade in my fantasy football was dropped from the team completely (kareem hunt). torreira has been the best pickup of the (gunner's) summer transfer window. who was saying that spurs would improve even though they didn't bring in any new players?

You do realize that Spurs and Arsenal have the same amount of points and are only separated on goal difference, right? They had a lead at halftime and, save some egregious calls from the ref (second yellow on Vertonghen was ridiculous) were in the game until the very end. For a team that has played every game away from home for the last 2 years, I'd say that they are exceeding expectations and fully expect they will finish in the Top 4.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Spurs would be immensely more likeable if they didn't have Alli. He's a full out diver & complains about everything. Super diva. Love Poch and Ericksen. Lotta respect for the team as a whole.

wettsten

Chicago
You do realize that Spurs and Arsenal have the same amount of points and are only separated on goal difference, right? They had a lead at halftime and, save some egregious calls from the ref (second yellow on Vertonghen was ridiculous) were in the game until the very end. For a team that has played every game away from home for the last 2 years, I'd say that they are exceeding expectations and fully expect they will finish in the Top 4.
you could say there were some egregious calls against arsenal in the first half too.

you're fooling yourself if you believe the reason spurs didn't buy anyone last summer was because the "market wasn't right" or "don't want to upset the team chemistry" and had nothing to do with the financial/timeline mess that is the new WHL

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
you're fooling yourself if you believe the reason spurs didn't buy anyone last summer was because the "market wasn't right" or "don't want to upset the team chemistry" and had nothing to do with the financial/timeline mess that is the new WHL

Well - hindsight is always 20/20. The discussion you keep referring to occurred long before the extent of the stadium issues were public knowledge. I only posted what came out of Poch's mouth. If everyone knew at the time that they would be playing another half season or more at Wembley, the lack of signings makes a ton more sense. They continue to say that they will spend, but it will be after the new stadium opens.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
you could say there were some egregious calls against arsenal in the first half too.

If you're referring to the penalty, it was absolutely the correct call and all of the in-studio hosts agreed.

Mid-week Premier League has started again. Today's results:

West Ham United 3:1 Cardiff City
Brighton & Hove Albion 3:1 Crystal Palace
Bournemouth 2:1 Huddersfield Town
Watford 1:2 Manchester City

Tomorrow's schedule (all times Central):
-1:45 PM, NBC Sports Gold: Burnley-Liverpool, Everton-Newcastle United, Fulham-Leicester City, and Wolves-Chelsea
-2:00 PM, NBCSN: Manchester United vs. Arsenal
-2:00 PM, NBC Sports Gold: Spurs vs. Southampton

wettsten

Chicago
Will the Gunners continue to roll (or more fool's gold)?
i'm always nervous travelling to OT regardless of current form. jose still has a knack for pulling out wins in big games. united has a lot of injuries at the moment so we'll see who he cobbles together in defense. it'll probably be a world class show from de gea who will probably have at least six saves.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Arghhh! Rojo should have gotten a 2nd yellow on his miscue. Terrible non-call. Kolasinic gave it away. Ugh.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
And, just like that, Spurs jump Chelsea and Arsenal into 3rd.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
who was saying that spurs would improve even though they didn't bring in any new players?

ICYMI - Tottenham have their best league record through 16 games since they won the double (League / FA Cup) in 1961.

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Manchester City vs. Everton
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Spurs vs. Burnley
11:30 AM, NBC: Fulham vs. West Ham United

Sunday
7:30 AM, NBCSN: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Chelsea
10:00 AM, NBCSN: Liverpool vs. Manchester United

Didn't get a chance to see the whole match with the early start time. Manchester City defeated Everton 3:1. 2 goals by Jesus with another by Sterling for City while Calvert-Lewin scored the lone goal for the Toffees.

Everton returns home to play Spurs next Sunday in the final Premier League match before Christmas.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Jose Mourinho is out at Manchester United.

Jose Mourinho is out at Manchester United.

United have only won one Premier League match since November 3rd. Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino appears to be the top target to replace Mourinho. The team will have an interim coach the remainder of the season, with options which may include former United players like Laurent Blanc and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino appears to be the top target to replace Mourinho.

Poch is not going to ManU. IF he leaves Spurs, it won't be for another EPL team. It wouldn't surprise me if he winds up at Real Madrid, though.

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Friday
2:00 PM, NBCSN: Wolves vs. Liverpool

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Arsenal vs. Burnley
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace
9:00 AM, CNBC: Chelsea vs. Leicester City
11:30 AM, NBC: Cardiff City vs. Manchester United

Sunday
10:00 AM, NBCSN: Everton vs. Spurs