English Premier League 2018-2019

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Things were looking good for Everton in that 1st half until the disallowed goal for Calvert-Lewin. Now things have started to unravel with Spurs up 1:3 at half.

Son's reception of that pass and ensuing touch was sublime.

Speculation that if Poch gets poached by Real Madrid, Eddie Howe will get the nod.

Everton get dominated at home 2:6 by Spurs. Two goals apiece by Son and Kane along with goals by Deli Alli and Christian Eriksen for Tottenham. Lone goals for Toffees were scored by Theo Walcott and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

With the win, Spurs are now within 2 points of Manchester City for second in the table. With the loss, Everton falls to 11th in the table, tied with West Ham on points.

Toffees' next two matches will be on the road, with the first of those at Burnley on Boxing Day.

Boxing Day and Thursday schedule (all times Central):

Boxing Day
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Fulham vs. Wolves
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Liverpool vs. Newcastle United
11:15 AM, NBCSN: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Arsenal
1:30 PM, NBCSN: Watford vs. Chelsea

Thursday
1:45 PM, NBCSN: Southampton vs. West Ham United

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
After dropping 6 on Everton, Spurs put up 5 against Bournmouth and move into sole possession of 2nd place in the table.

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Saturday
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Spurs vs. Wolves
11:30 AM, NBC: Liverpool vs. Arsenal

Sunday
6:00 AM, NBCSN: Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea
8:15 AM, NBCSN: Southampton vs. Manchester City
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Manchester United vs. Bournemouth

Everton lose 1:0 today at the Amex against Brighton & Hove Albion. Toffees hit the woodwork a couple of times and just couldn't get one past the goalkeeper.

Everton return to action on New Year's Day at Goodison Park versus Leicester City.

Third round of FA Cup begins tomorrow with Spurs playing at 4th division Tranmere Rovers. Bulk of remaining games will be played on Saturday and Sunday with Wolves set to host Liverpool on Monday.

The third round matches will air on ESPN+.

wettsten

Chicago
Could be even closer had the refs correctly called the stoppage time penalty in the Spurs / Liverpool match earlier in the year.
Jack-Wilshere.jpg

Aside from the Wolves-Liverpool match mentioned earlier, the only other match-up in this round of the FA Cup with two Premier League sides is Bournemouth vs. Brighton & Hove Albion. There will be 6 Premier League sides playing away matches at lower division teams including Cardiff City, Southampton, Huddersfield Town, Arsenal, Watford (whose playing a match at a team from the 6th tier of English football that plays in a stadium that has just over 6,000 capacity), and Leicester City.

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: West Ham United vs. Arsenal
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Liverpool
11:30 AM, NBC: Chelsea vs. Newcastle United

Sunday
8:15 AM, NBCSN: Everton vs. Bournemouth
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Spurs vs. Manchester United

Everton defeat Bournemouth 2:0 today. While Bournemouth had the better chances, it was the Toffees who got both the scores in this one with Kurt Zouma scoring in the 61st minute and Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring in injury time in the 2nd half. It is the first points that Everton have got in a Premier League match since Boxing Day and only their second win in their last 9 Premier League matches.

Everton next plays Saturday at Southampton.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Everton defeat Bournemouth 2:0 today. While Bournemouth had the better chances, it was the Toffees who got both the scores in this one with Kurt Zouma scoring in the 61st minute and Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring in injury time in the 2nd half. It is the first points that Everton have got in a Premier League match since Boxing Day and only their second win in their last 9 Premier League matches.

The Cherries and Eddie Howe are plummeting back to earth. Great game from the Gunners yesterday too.

GO Everton!!!

I have been cheering for the Toffees for quite a few years. This year I am hoping and praying that someone can catch Liverpool.

Agreed. I hate those guys on the wrong side of Merseyside. I'm genuinely curious as to how you became a fan of the Toffees. I became a fan after the 2014 World Cup as I was looking for a Premier League team to follow and Tim Howard was the most well known American playing over there at that point. I've followed them ever since. Had to deal with a couple seasons that have wanted to make me tear my hair out at different points.