English Premier League 2019-2020

wettsten

Chicago
Spurs name Jose Mourinho as new manager. I guess we need to go buy a bus and learn how to park it properly.

giphy.gif

so glad we kept emery long enough for mourinho to not be available.

honestly though, how do you feel about the appointment @KBLEE ?

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
honestly though, how do you feel about the appointment @KBLEE ?

Jose has been successful everywhere he's been. I don't doubt he'll be able to improve Spurs in the short-term. However, I don't enjoy his style of play. The one thing that he has going for him is that Arsenal fans already hate him. So, he might just fit in OK.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Mourinho is a 2 year stop gap, at most. Poch's shelf life had clearly expired and Levy pulled the only lever left. But a lot of this mess is on Levy, for lack of roster overhaul. I expect the Spurs will have better results, but the ceiling is Europa League this season.

I figured Poch would get at least until Christmas to turn things around. But hard to say without knowing what’s going on behind the scenes.

I think Poch is a good fit for Arsenal. But not sure he will go there out of respect for Spurs. OTOH, Chelsea fans thought that about Mourinho and now he’s managed two rivals. In fact, he specifically said “I would never go to Tottenham” at one point in his career.

Mourinho is full of himself, but IMO it’s entertaining (when he’s not ruining your favorite team).

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Newcastle United vs. Manchester City
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Spurs vs. Bournemouth
11:30 AM, NBC: Southampton vs. Watford

Sunday
8:00 AM, NBCSN: Norwich City vs. Arsenal
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Manchester United vs. Aston Villa

Everton sack Marco Silva and the move could not have come soon enough after the Toffees were humiliated in a 5:2 Merseyside derby loss at Anfield to a Liverpool side that was playing several backups. Duncan Ferguson will be the caretaker manager with the team looking for a new manager quickly. There have been rumors of a possible reunion with David Moyes but there's been some disagreement within the hierarchy at Goodison Park as to if that will be the move. If they do bring Moyes in, they may bring in Tim Cahill as his assistant manager. There's also been discussion of Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag and Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim as possible replacements for Silva.

Something else to consider with Everton and the manageral change is their schedule between now and Christmas: Home vs. Chelsea, away at Manchester United, home vs. Leicester City in the League Cup quarterfinals, and home vs. Arsenal.

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Everton vs. Chelsea
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Bournemouth vs. Liverpool
11:30 AM, NBCSN: Manchester City vs. Manchester United

Sunday
8:00 AM, NBCSN: Aston Villa vs. Leicester City
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Wolves

Monday
2:00 PM, NBCSN: West Ham United vs. Arsenal

The managerial change for Everton worked at least for one day as the Toffees defeated Chelsea 3:1.

Everton looked lively today.

Chelsea's lack of depth is starting to get to them, they looked gassed. Unfortunately, they have another big game midweek.

Son with an incredible goal today and Mourinho has Spurs playing with confidence. Mourinho said he'll play the youngsters in the Champions League since nothing is on the line.

Manchester is red.

And on a side note...go watch Suarez's goal vs Mallorca if you haven't already. Easily goal of the year IMO.

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Liverpool vs. Watford
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Chelsea vs. Bournemouth
11:30 AM, NBC: Southampton vs. West Ham United

Sunday
8:00 AM, NBCSN: Wolves vs. Spurs
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Arsenal vs. Manchester City

Monday
2:00 PM, NBCSN: Crystal Palace vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
ICYMI - Spurs are now only 3 points back of Chelsea for 4th and they play this weekend. A Tottenham win would jump them into Top 4 based on goal differential.