English Premier League 2019-2020

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Mourinho expects Son to be out the rest of the season for Spurs after the South Korean fractured his arm in their victory over Aston Villa this past weekend.

ICYMI - he scored 2 goals with the broken arm, including the match winner in stoppage time.

wettsten

Chicago
ICYMI - he scored 2 goals with the broken arm, including the match winner in stoppage time.

when is kane coming back? maybe you can get special permission to screw over another club in the league like barcelona.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
when is kane coming back? maybe you can get special permission to screw over another club in the league like barcelona.

Kane isn't due back until some time in April. Going the Barcelona route would be fine with me. It's gonna be hard to compete in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League without a striker.

This weekend's Premier League schedule (all times Central):

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Chelsea vs. Spurs
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Sheffiled United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
11:30 AM, NBC: Leicester City vs. Manchester City

Sunday
8:00 AM, NBCSN: Manchester United vs. Watford
8:00 AM, CNBC: Wolves vs. Norwich City
10:30 AM, NBCSN: Arsenal vs. Everton

Monday
2:00 PM, NBCSN: Liverpool vs. West Ham United

Friday
2:00 PM, NBCSN: Norwich City vs. Leicester City

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Crystal Palace
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Bournemouth vs. Chelsea
11:30 AM, NBC: Watford vs. Liverpool

Sunday
8:00 AM, NBCSN: Everton vs. Manchester United

In addition, Aston Villa and Manchester City face off in the EFL Cup Final on Sunday at Wembley with coverage set to begin at 10:30 AM on ESPN+.

Liverpool's unbeaten run ends today at Vicarage Road as Watford won 3:0. The loss ends a run of 44 straight matches without defeat for Liverpool that stretched all the way back to January 2019. And it also came on a day that they were expected to create a new record for successive victories in top flight English football history by surpassing Manchester City's record of 19.

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
Liverpool's unbeaten run ends today at Vicarage Road as Watford won 3:0. The loss ends a run of 44 straight matches without defeat for Liverpool that stretched all the way back to January 2019. And it also came on a day that they were expected to create a new record for successive victories in top flight English football history by surpassing Manchester City's record of 19.
LFC need 12 points/4 wins to clinch and I will be sweating each one. "It ain't over 'til it's over." - P. L. Berra. And that was the sorriest VAR call to date, Everton were robbed.

Neale Stoner Fan Club

Tailgreat
Chiraq
I thought it was offsides. Problem is that he linesman should have flagged immediately that he was offsides and then it's up to the referee to decide if he was interfering with the goalkeeper. Instead they did nothing and punted it to VAR.

I admit I don't have as good of an understanding of football rules as others but how could it be offside in a situation like that where the player who is basically sitting there on the ground has basically no impact on the ball going into the net?

I admit I don't have as good of an understanding of football rules as others but how could it be offside in a situation like that where the player who is basically sitting there on the ground has basically no impact on the ball going into the net?

If the referee thinks that the player was either interfering with or obstructing the view of another player (the goalkeeper in this case), then they should call the player offsides. Whether or not that was the case here is debatable, of course.

If the referee thinks that the player was either interfering with or obstructing the view of another player (the goalkeeper in this case), then they should call the player offsides.

That's just the thing. All that Sigurdsson did was move his feet back towards himself. He never touched the ball and De Gea was already moving in the opposite direction of the direction that the ball ended up going after it deflected off the Manchester United player.

I'm not sure how he can be impacting the play as the ball was deflected off the Manchester United player and De Gea was already committed to going the opposite direction the ball was.

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision
1583291532988.jpeg

De Gea could not see the ball when it was blocked by the Everton’s player body. As a referee you can’t assume he wouldn’t have been able to recover to make the save. Unfortunately the Toffees, Logoc and the laws of the game are two different things.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the moment in the Everton-Manchester United match that was decided by VAR:

Also the game was decided when De Gea gifted Everton the lead and then Pickford made an amazing double save but point well taken. Nice to see the Toffees with a pulse in the second half of the season. They really missed out on a chance for champions league football next year with their brutal start to the season.

Nice to see the Toffees with a pulse in the second half of the season. They really missed out on a chance for champions league football next year with their brutal start to the season.

I think I saw somewhere that they're near the top of the Premier League in points since the change to Ancelotti took over (beside likely Liverpool and a couple others). They still have a chance at a Europa League spot depending on how the Manchester City stuff goes with the Court of Arbitration as well as how the teams ahead of them in the standings do in the FA Cup.

Incidentally, I don't think Ancelotti will coach the match at Stamford Bridge this weekend because of the red card he got last weekend though I'd assume Big Dunc will probably be in charge for that one.

Saturday
6:30 AM, NBCSN: Liverpool vs. Bournemouth
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Arsenal vs. West Ham United
9:00 AM, CNBC: Wolves vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
11:30 AM, NBCSN: Burnley vs. Spurs

Sunday
9:00 AM, NBCSN: Chelsea vs. Everton
11:30 AM, NBC: Manchester United vs. Manchester City

Monday
3:00 PM, NBCSN: Leicester City vs. Aston Villa

Not sure if this is the best place to post but oh well.

As a Tottenham and Illinois fan, I can't help but notice the almost consistent opposing success that our basketball team has had with Tottenham. With only a couple exceptions since the new year / the start of the majority of conference play, A Spurs Loss/Draw has been paired with an ILL win and vice versa. There has not been a case in 2020 where both play on the same weekend and both win.

1/1 - Spurs L
1/2 - Illinois L
1/5 - Spurs D & Illinois W
1/8 - Illinois W
1/11 - Spurs L, Illinois W
1/14 - Spurs W
1/18 - Spurs D, Illinois W
1/21 - Illinois W
1/22 - Spurs W
1/25 - Spurs D, Illinois W
1/30 - Illinois W
2/2 - Spurs W, Illinois L
2/5 - Spurs W
2/7 - Illinois L
2/11 - Illinois L
2/15 - Illinois L
2/16 - Spurs W
2/18 - Illinois W
2/19 - Spurs L
2/22 - Spurs L
2/24 - Illinois W
2/27 - Illinois W
3/1 - Spurs L, Illinois W
3/4 - Spurs L
3/5 - Illinois L
3/7 - Spurs D
3/8 - Illinois W
3/10 - Spurs L

Based on this and Spurs result today, I would say we're a decent bet to win on Friday. Then if we make it to Sunday, we all should be rooting for Man U in the morning and then betting it all on Orange and Blue.