Evansville beat Kentucky (11/12 Games)

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Living in the Evansville TV market for my early years, all we saw was UK basketball. I couldn't stand it, while many here became homers for UK. Evansville was DII, winning several championships in the 1960s. I loved the Purple Aces, also by the grace of God and a wonderful father I loved the Illini, too, but hardly ever saw them play. I still remember the evening when the news broke the UE Basketball team, coach and staff had perished in a plane crash. My first year of college. They had not been DI long, if I remember correctly. Its does my heart good to see that Walter McCarty has them on the right track, wish I could have seen them take down UK. I had to console my co-workers today, NOT! I might find a Purple Aces shirt for casual friday.

I grew up in McLeansboro, Il years ago and remember watching WPSD 6 in Paducah on a VHF atenna with tape delays of UK games at 10:30 pm, after news & sports and they would tell you to avert your eyes while they flashed the score...Watching Evansville stations on a UHF antenna and seeing Evansville on tape delay also...the Aces had jerry Sloan, Larry Humes , etc with Arad M. as their head coach and winning numerous D2 titles with such an exciting style of fast break and athletic play...the good ole days seeing black & white grainy replays and adjusting the rotor for the antenna to always try to get a clearer picture...

I really feel old after typing that paragraph...time for a nap...................................

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
I know that I'm getting off the subject, but Jerry Sloan was supposed to be the coach for Evansville that year, but he changed his mind after accepting the job earlier. Evansville was a powerhouse in the Arad McCutchen days
in DII, yes and fun to watch. Now in the present, when Kentucky and Indiana use go play each other, I couldn't decide which I wanted to loose. That said, I hope Walter McCarty will get some recruiting bounce from this, go Aces, woe UK.