Evansville beat Kentucky (11/12 Games)

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
Kentucky loses to the Evansville freakin' Purple Aces. Of course, Evansville is a much better team than, say, Nicholls State, so it makes sense Kentucky would be struggling in that matchup. :cool:

Last edited:

Deleted member 19448

D
Things you just hate to see. Good on the Purple Aces.

Evansville was able to play with the lead the whole second half and didn't even use a timeout until there was 13 seconds left. Makes the upset even more impressive.

Punesguy

Ft. Collins, CO
I just watched Xavier beat Mizzou in OT 63-58. Xavier is ranked 21 and the difference between them and Arizona at 20 is enormous! I canā€™t wait to play Mizzou. MS went 2 of 11 for 9 pts. Tilmon had 6 pts and 4 fouls. They shot 33.3% as a team and had 20 turnovers. Dec 21st canā€™t come soon enough ... Go Illini!:shield:

4th time an MVC team beats AP #1 since 2010.

Northern Iowa/Kansas (2010)
Wichita/Gonzaga (2013)
Northern Iowa/North Carolina (2015)
Evansville/Kentucky (2019)

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Living in Paducah I assume there will be flood warnings today to account for all of the alligator tears shed last night after the kittens got embarrassed by the Purple Aces at Rupp arena....I love it...

I love it living in KY. You should have heard the talk show after the game. You had thought the NCAA was coming down on the Calipari. Evansville played a great game. They are a pretty good team. Conlfe was playing out of his mind for EV. Whitney has so far lived up to his billing. They shot terrible. This was a good game for Walter McCarty coming to Lexington. The excuse was KY knew they would blow them out so why play the game hard.

So, are the KY boards gnashing their teeth and saying how this is unacceptable and that KY shouldn't be losing to Evansville? Is Calllipari's head being called for? What about their AD? Is Kentucky's shot at the Tourney now dead? Or is it only Illinois that has the sky falling with every loss (or close win)?

Deleted member 652751

D
So, are the KY boards gnashing their teeth and saying how this is unacceptable and that KY shouldn't be losing to Evansville? Is Calllipari's head being called for? What about their AD? Is Kentucky's shot at the Tourney now dead? Or is it only Illinois that has the sky falling with every loss (or close win)?
Except that Evansville's Kenpom rank is about 120 better than Nicholls St, for example, so it's not exactly the same thing.

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
Living in the Evansville TV market for my early years, all we saw was UK basketball. I couldn't stand it, while many here became homers for UK. Evansville was DII, winning several championships in the 1960s. I loved the Purple Aces, also by the grace of God and a wonderful father I loved the Illini, too, but hardly ever saw them play. I still remember the evening when the news broke the UE Basketball team, coach and staff had perished in a plane crash. My first year of college. They had not been DI long, if I remember correctly. Its does my heart good to see that Walter McCarty has them on the right track, wish I could have seen them take down UK. I had to console my co-workers today, NOT! I might find a Purple Aces shirt for casual friday.

Kentucky can afford to lose this game. When you are a penny pinching bubble team trying to scrounge together a resume, that loss can be very costly.