FBI College Basketball Corruption Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,576      

Deleted member 29907

D
I'd say "advance" implies that the money would eventually be paid back.

I would have expected it to be 'loan' then, but that's possible. Advancing money often means early payment for something coming/expected in the future. Wonder what the odds are of repayment and why would you risk so much for $400? I am guessing there is much more to that one than $400...

#1,577      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I read Izzo's comments, saying neither I nor my staff knew anything about this issue with Bridges. Now today it comes out that Izzo's assistant, Stephens, was trying to funnel money to Bowen to get him to MSU. What about that one, little Tommy? He's you assistant. Oh yeah, "I didn't know what my assistant was doing!?!?!?"

There just isn't smoke around Izzo, it's an effing forest fire.

th

$ 10,000.... Miles ?

th

$ 30,000... Miles ?

th

Final offer Miles....$ 100,00

th

ok, I'll throw in a dinner too....

th

I am not a crook.....

#1,578      
The amount is not the issue - rather that she took anything. And it was listed as an "advance payment" which implies there was potentially more at some other time to come??

I get that. My point was that it’s unrealistic to expect coaches to have control or knowledge of a payment that small from someone outside the university to someone outside the university. It doesn’t say anything about Izzo one way or the other.

#1,579      
Jay Bilas seems to think that Miller needs to be put on leave and that he will never coach college basketball again. He and the other analysts felt that Ayton shouldn't play the rest of the season and the Arizona shouldn't be able to play in the NCAA tournament this year.

#1,580      
It is more amazing to me that people are hot and bothered that Izzo bought players. I am more hot and bothered that he knewa woman was raped by two of his stars and he let them continue to play while the University covered it up.

Rape>Scum dirty recruiting

Has that been confirmed?

#1,581      
I read Izzo's comments, saying neither I nor my staff knew anything about this issue with Bridges. Now today it comes out that Izzo's assistant, Stephens, was trying to funnel money to Bowen to get him to MSU. What about that one, little Tommy? He's you assistant. Oh yeah, "I didn't know what my assistant was doing!?!?!?"

Not trying to defend Izzo here, but if you are okay with this premise, then you are okay with the idea that we will be looking for a new head coach (Lamont Evans?).

Several have said here that the head coach knows what's going on in his program regarding recruiting. I think it's very plausible for a rogue, ambitious assistant, seeing the money the head coach makes, to do what he needs to do in order to advance.

#1,584      
It was reported on Saturday Sportstalk on WDWS this morning that Sean Millier, if fired "for cause", will STILL RECEIVE 85% OF HIS REMAINING CONTRACT! Unbelievable!

Last edited:
#1,585      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL

Link? Article I read discussed helping Dawkins sign Bridges, in exchange for helping MSU get Bowen. No money offered. Big Leap, unless there is something else I haven't seen.

#1,590      
Link? Article I read discussed helping Dawkins sign Bridges, in exchange for helping MSU get Bowen. No money offered. Big Leap, unless there is something else I haven't seen.

Can't link, but it's in Pat Forde's article on Yahoo.

#1,593      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Loren Tate claimed that Cliff Alexander told John Groce that he was coming to Illinois the day that he pull the hat trick and committed to Kansas.

Apparently, Kansas came through with some cash later that day (at least that is what Tate suggested).

Doesn't surprise me at all. Hopefully, the FBI has dirt on KU. Would love to see Rock Chalk Jayhawks burn down.

#1,594      
With all this stuff coming out, I wonder if Kansas State fans are feeling better about Bruce Weber being their coach?

#1,595      

wettsten

Chicago
With all this stuff coming out, I wonder if Kansas State fans are feeling better about Bruce Weber being their coach?

k-state fans will never be happy about Bruce being their coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#1,598      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
sharif oneal opened up recruitment..although not sure AZ officially released him

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

They don’t need to release him because he didn’t sign NLI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,599      

spike49

New Mexico
Let’s think about the end game here. A number of the big names get whacked for giving 5* recruits $100k. The head coaches get fired.
What are the expectations of the kids and their families/‘friends” who got the money and now can be college equivalent of a free agent. Do they keep the $$$? Surely they don’t expect to collect from their new destination.
What about the 4/5* kids who have not yet committed. Surely they and their families/hangers on have been exposed to the $$$$. What do they do when that well immediately dries up ?

#1,600      

spike49

New Mexico
What, you think the FBI and NCAA are going to go for a slow , multi year phase out of pay for play?

Status
Not open for further replies.