Fighting Illini Basketball Official Visit Grid

JJB

Chicago, IL
Updated with Coleman Hawkins commit. Trying out the all blue background with Orange font for commits, white for undecided, white with strike-through for those who have dropped up from their "top list" or have committed elsewhere.

Since Brandon Weston is entering his JR year of high school, his visit will be an unofficial visit. Juniors can take an OV, but only starting January 1 of their JR year for basketball.

illini80

Forgottonia
Since Brandon Weston is entering his JR year of high school, his visit will be an unofficial visit. Juniors can take an OV, but only starting January 1 of their JR year for basketball.
I admit to not fully understanding the OV rules, but I thought Juniors could take 5 official visits and then could take another 5 their senior year. I’ve never heard of it happening and schools wouldn’t want to use up their official visit count with Juniors, but thought that it was possible. Correct me if I’m wrong. I do understand your point that since it’s in the fall, it has to be unofficial if Jan 1 is the rule. (Which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.)

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
1569871464336.png

Dropped Brandon Weston as it appears his visit can't be an official visit as he has to wait until Jan 1st to make official visits. Also dropped Samson R from the list as it appears he won't be visiting. Added KK Robinson and Andrew Curbelo's visits.

The NCAA made a rule change back in May moving official visits to August of a recruit's junior year, but Men's and Women's basketball (as well as a few other sports) was excluded from the rule change, so Jan 1st of their junior year is still the cut off for basketball. It's a mess.