Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless
Added two freshmen walk ons to the roster:
F Connor Serven
G Edgar Padilla, Jr.

illinois loyalty 082420.png

Last edited:
Reactions: illini80, Indy Illini Fan and Positive illini fan
Added an offer to 2023 PG Dalen Davis out of Whitney Young.

illinois loyalty 082820.png

Reactions: Highlander
Added an offer to 2022 F Fray Nguimbi from Orlando, FL.

illinois loyalty 082920.png

2021 David Jones to DePaul. The Big East is eating our lunch today.

illinois loyalty 083120.png

Added offers to:

2023 PF Gus Yalden
2021 PG Ty Ty Washington
2021 G Wesley Cardet
2022 PF Jerome Beya
2022 C Silas Sunday

illinois loyalty 090620.png

Reactions: Indy Illini Fan
Added an offer to 2022 SG Noah Best.

illinois loyalty 090820.png

Added an offer to 6'6" SG Jayshane Woodard. Class of 2022.

illinois loyalty 091220.png

Any opinions on adding a color coding for when a recruit gives their "final X list", and we are not on it? It would make it clearer which players are still on the board.

I suppose I could just turn them gray without listing a school.

Reactions: FeelYourPaign, Goode-for-3, Tophe and 3 others
Jordan Nesbitt to Memphis.
Harrison Ingram to Stanford.
Alexis Reyes to East Carolina.

Added offers to 2021 C Sam Ayomide, 2021 SF Kordell Charles, and 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski.

illinois loyalty 100620.png

Reactions: illinitiger
1. To wrap up the class of 2020, I've grayed out JaQuan Scott and Gerald Doakes. I can find no info as to what they're doing this year, but they're not coming to Illinois, so I've taken them off the board.

2. Jalen Hood-Schifino, class of 2022, has decommitted from Pitt, so I've put him back on the board.

3. Based on 247 Sports info, I've added the following offers for the Class of 2022:

PG Mason Manning
SG Isaac McNeely
SG Joseph Hunter
SG Lewis Duarte
SF Colin Smith
CG Jaquan Harris
SG Reggie Bass

illinois loyalty 100920.png

Reactions: JFGsCoffeeMug, WINT, Dakota Orange and 2 others
Just checked 247 Sports and found two additional offers to the class of 2023:

Center Kendrick DeLuna
Combo Guard Wesley Yates

illinois loyalty 101120.png

Everyone that didn't graduate last year was given an extra year of eligibility, so I think all the sophomores/juniors/seniors need to show their scholarships extended a year from my understanding.

Everyone that didn't graduate last year was given an extra year of eligibility, so I think all the sophomores/juniors/seniors need to show their scholarships extended a year from my understanding.
I think freshmen too. Also we have 15 scholarships available next year if Trent and Damonte both return, then back down to 13 the next year.

The biggest implication on allotted scholarships for recruiting is that no scholarships automatically become available due to seniors having exhausted their eligibility to make room for 2022 recruits; but because of the one-time scholarship allowance to make room for seniors in 2021-22, there's still room for 2021 recruits (unless coaches intentionally take small 21 classes so they can take more 22s).

I think freshmen too. Also we have 15 scholarships available next year if Trent and Damonte both return, then back down to 13 the next year.

The biggest implication on allotted scholarships for recruiting is that no scholarships automatically become available due to seniors having exhausted their eligibility to make room for 2022 recruits; but because of the one-time scholarship allowance to make room for seniors in 2021-22, there's still room for 2021 recruits (unless coaches intentionally take small 21 classes so they can take more 22s).
This years freshmen (i.e. curbelo and miller) don't get an extra year, basically they will exhaust their 4 years at the same time that Kofi and Hamlin will.

Reactions: GrayGhost77
This years freshmen (i.e. curbelo and miller) don't get an extra year, basically they will exhaust their 4 years at the same time that Kofi and Hamlin will.
This article in a San Diego paper says "The NCAA’s Division I Council voted Wednesday to grant all winter sports athletes an extra year of eligibility at their current school…no matter whether they’re a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior."

Also to add to the discussion, the scholarships filled by seniors staying does not effect the alloted scholarship numbers. You will be allowed extra scholarship slots the next few years because of this rule change.
Also in response to Alma 19, the incoming freshmen weren't winter sport athletes last season so it wouldn't apply. The wording means freshmen last season.

Last edited:
Also to add to the discussion, the scholarships filled by seniors staying does not effect the alloted scholarship numbers. You will be allowed extra scholarship slots the next few years because of this rule change.
Also in response to Alma 19, the incoming freshmen weren't winter sport athletes last season so it wouldn't apply. The wording means freshmen last season.
and now I've just realized what I said means that the scholarship grid is correct and doesn't need to be changed. Carry on.