Fighting Illini Basketball Scholarship Grid 2020-2021

and now I've just realized what I said means that the scholarship grid is correct and doesn't need to be changed. Carry on.
The article seems to say:
1) Anyone on the team last year now has an extra year of eligibility.
2) The use of that extra year does not count against the scholarship limits.

Proposal: Add the following rows after the 13 scholarships and before the walk-ons. This should keep tracking the available scholarships in the main grid clean.

Enjoy your vacation. Thanks for the change to gray out those for whom we are out of the running.

(This row won't be needed)20-2121-2222-2323-2424-25
CV Scholarship #1Da'Monte WilliamsAyo DosunmuKofi CockburnBen Bosmans-Verdonk
CV Scholarship #2Trent FrazierGiorgi BezhanishviliJermaine Hamlin
CV Scholarship #3Austin Hutcherson
CV Scholarship #4Jacob Grandison

Ace Wolf
UofI
I just really feel that Giorgi is going to be the one who MOST benefits from this... that extra year is going to do wonders for his game!

The article seems to say:
1) Anyone on the team last year now has an extra year of eligibility.
2) The use of that extra year does not count against the scholarship limits.

Proposal: Add the following rows after the 13 scholarships and before the walk-ons. This should keep tracking the available scholarships in the main grid clean.

Enjoy your vacation. Thanks for the change to gray out those for whom we are out of the running.

(This row won't be needed)20-2121-2222-2323-2424-25
CV Scholarship #1Da'Monte WilliamsAyo DosunmuKofi CockburnBen Bosmans-Verdonk
CV Scholarship #2Trent FrazierGiorgi BezhanishviliJermaine Hamlin
CV Scholarship #3Austin Hutcherson
CV Scholarship #4Jacob Grandison

Ace Wolf
UofI
Ok so that clears up a lot 👍🏽

so it will eventually count against the 13 scholarships.. that’s gonna make for some tuff decisions potentially...

Last edited:
The twitter clarifies that the extra year scholarships will count against the limits except in 2021-2022. Thus the extra roster spots only exist for Trent and Da'Monte.
Yes, that's correct.
This seems a bit odd. I'd expect it to apply in 2020-21 as well. I wonder if this is a typo. I could not find the text of the actual rules change.
Not sure what you mean. If it applied for 2020-21, that would mean Kipper and Feliz could return for an extra year without counting against the 13, which is not the case.
Also in response to Alma 19, the incoming freshmen weren't winter sport athletes last season so it wouldn't apply. The wording means freshmen last season.
This implies the same thing, that it's based on last year's class, which again would imply that Kipper and Feliz are allowed a 5th year, along with Cassius Winston, Lamar Stevens, Reggie Corbin, etc.

Last edited:
Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless
Thanks for the change to gray out those for whom we are out of the running.
Actually, I haven't done that yet. Anybody have names that need to be grayed out?

Ace Wolf
UofI
The twitter clarifies that the extra year scholarships will count against the limits except in 2021-2022. Thus the extra roster spots only exist for Trent and Da'Monte.

This seems a bit odd. I'd expect it to apply in 2020-21 as well. I wonder if this is a typo. I could not find the text of the actual rules change.
Feliz shoulda been given another chance... 😫 kipper too but he’s already signed overseas.

But those kids deserved to play in an NCAA tournament game! 💯

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
One of the issues with graying out names is that we have first-hand experience with recruitments taking sudden turns and new teams jumping in long after lists have already been whittled down. It's a lot to ask rbach to track all the meandering paths between offers and commitments.