Florida Atlantic 73, Illinois 71 OT POSTGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
Here's an observation - last year TF was getting to the rim for some very tough layups that he finished - e.g. high off the backboard type of finishes. Why is TF not getting close to that type of play this year? I don't recall many blow-by challenged and finished layups this year so far.

As someone mentioned too may players are so tight out there. Hard to get a ball through the hoop like that. A couple players seem have almost no confidence on offensive end right now. These guys may not be the best shooters, but they are better than they've shown, but that's what happens when you play tight.

The Samba lovefest is hilarious. He played himself right off the court today. He had multiple plays where he yanked himself out of position on D without even really being forced to make a decision, and he is completely incapable of contributing anything but a basic handoff on offense.

I think he could be a good player. But he’s not going to help this team win games yet.

But you still have to guard him if he is played near the bucket. Can't leave him open for dunks. That leaves Giorgi either open, who can shoot longer distances, or with someone usually shorter than him. Not always, but usually.

Well I guess if the coach is on them that hard, they are that tight, then it is on the coaches. But then I have been saying the offensive and defensive schemes are poor. What a mess.

As someone mentioned too may players are so tight out there. Hard to get a ball through the hoop like that. A couple players seem have almost no confidence on offensive end right now. These guys may not be the best shooters, but they are better than they've shown, but that's what happens when you play tight.
few wins+tough schedule+complicated system=low player confidence.

APS iMBA

Urbana, IL
few wins+tough schedule+complicated system=low player confidence.

Yeah we really could have used an easier schedule for these guys this year. Sometimes adversity pushes you to be better, but I don't think that's what we're all seeing here with the exception of Trent & Aaron. This is really too much for these freshman right now. I just hope they stick with it, but it can't be fun for them right now.

We must have watched different games or have a different taste in music. I’ve never though watching one player go one-on-one all night was an offensive symphony. They became easy to guard in the conference season because they did ‘nothing’ on offense other than hope their talent would win games one-on-one. No ball movement, no inside out, no cuttting, no screening, no passing.

‘Evidence’ his D wouldn’t work? Let’s call it what it is ... Swiss Cheese, Dunk City, Backdoor Baby ... take your pick, any of those nicknames would describe it.

I was just catching up on this thread.

You can complain about UI not running the offense, etc., but just wow, if OSU was the number 1 offense in the nation without ball movement, passing, etc., and relying on one player going one-on-one, Evans had to have been the most talented player in the country by a large margin. Either that or coaches in Big12 must have been idiots compared to those in the B1G, if they couldn't stop one guy.

I was just catching up on this thread.

You can complain about UI not running the offense, etc., but just wow, if OSU was the number 1 offense in the nation without ball movement, passing, etc., and relying on one player going one-on-one, Evans had to have been the most talented player in the country by a large margin. Either that or coaches in Big12 must have been idiots compared to those in the B1G, if they couldn't stop one guy.
Um, look at the schedule from that season, they put up some huge numbers against the extreme cupcakes in the early season. Their scoring dropped by 30+ ppg in the conference. Couple that with the worst D in the nation and what do you have? A loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.