Football Coaching Staff / Coaching Carousel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Purdue must be feeling like what we've been feeling like for the past 10 years now. "Why can't we have nice things?"

I'm sure Louisville is paying him a ton of money.

Anyone find it weird Dakich is the one reporting this? I've never seen him have anything football related come out.

Leaving mid-season! That's ruthless, even by CFB standards. Feel bad for Boilers.
Well, the official announcement would be after Purdue's final game. I'm not seeing any other reports on this. How much of a Hoosier homer is Dakich?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Maybe @BD mil can shed some light on this. Also, if it is true, he must be pissed. I recall him being certain Brohm wouldn’t leave even for Louisville.

Deleted member 631370

D
Leaving mid-season! That's ruthless, even by CFB standards. Feel bad for Boilers.

I wouldn't buy this just yet.

I think Brohm leaves, but Dakich -- being an IU guy -- is undoubtedly poking Purdue with this one. It's an easy prediction to make. It's like suggesting that my inside sources are telling me that Bill Snyder is going to retire at K-State after this year. Probably a pretty safe bet to make, even if I don't have a single source in the world.

If this were to pick up steam, it could create a huge distraction around the PU program as they go into their final stretch. Probably what Dakich and other IU folks are looking for.

It's an easy prediction to make. It's like suggesting that my inside sources are telling me that Bill Snyder is going to retire at K-State after this year. Probably a pretty safe bet to make, even if I don't have a single source in the world.
Yeah but are two of your inside sources claiming this, like Dakich?

He's a clown and you're probably right. We know all too well a coach can say he's staying, then turnaround quickly and leave for a shinier job.

Deleted member 631370

D
Yeah but are two of your inside sources claiming this, like Dakich?

He's a clown and you're probably right. We know all too well a coach can say he's staying, then turnaround quickly and leave for a shinier job.

Yep.

Brohm just came out and denied it, and PU fans will use that denial to sleep well tonight. But at the end of the day, his denial doesn't mean squat. Of course he's going to deny it now.

I think Brohm will leave. But I very much doubt Dakich knows anything more than anybody else. He's trolling.

Yep.

Brohm just came out and denied it, and PU fans will use that denial to sleep well tonight. But at the end of the day, his denial doesn't mean squat. Of course he's going to deny it now.

I think Brohm will leave. But I very much doubt Dakich knows anything more than anybody else. He's trolling.

I agree, i also think it’s hard to imagine a coach turning down a chance to coach his alma matter. And Brohm finalizing an offer for Louisville could be why purdue got crushed by a bad Minnesota team.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Dakich isn't worthwhile to report on, especially for CFB.

Good coaching produces a team that understands the defense well enough to execute in pressure situations.

Youth is a part of it, but it's not all of it.
All the coaching in the world is no substitute for strength, recognition, ability to react at a speed that one learns only through experience.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Les Miles to Kansas apparently.

As someone who gets to have all of the jokes and the tweets and the viral clips, but doesn't have to actually root for the team's success, I say great hire!

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland

As someone who gets to have all of the jokes and the tweets and the viral clips, but doesn't have to actually root for the team's success, I say great hire!

Have a great day

That figures. A couple years before our home and home with KU and they go and hire Les Miles.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
That figures. A couple years before our home and home with KU and they go and hire Les Miles.
yup

watch him get them going with some transfers and southern recruits and then KICK OUR !!!

you knew he was going to end up somewhere before he hung up the whistle

ChazzReinhold

Mom! The Meatloaf!
yup

watch him get them going with some transfers and southern recruits and then KICK OUR !!!

you knew he was going to end up somewhere before he hung up the whistle
Maybe if he confuses the recruits by wearing his LSU gear.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Good hire, but his recruiting success at LSU won't translate to KU (e.g., Antigua).

I could not be less afraid. He's been done for awhile, it was shades of late-Mack Brown by the end.

We don't have much of a reason to be afraid, but I think Les Miles could do well at Kansas. Kansas is not going to be competing for national titles, but I could see him getting them to the point where they are in line to get up to 6 wins consistently.

FT35

Naperville
I wish Kansas all the best but Miles is walking into a mess.

Beaty tried to get them off the JUCO train and failed. The scholarship situation there is a mess and they only have one commit in this class:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/jul/17/tom-keegan-david-beaty-will-leave-scholarship-situ/

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

That commit camped with us by the way and we passed on him.

Things get even worse in 2020 since the 2018 class was filled with JUCO players.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
I wish Kansas all the best but Miles is walking into a mess.

Beaty tried to get them off the JUCO train and failed. The scholarship situation there is a mess and they only have one commit in this class:

Yeah, and the sugar high from Miles filling up this class with real HS recruits is probably part of the calculation.

Whether Lovie stays for 2019 or not...there almost certainly will be a change for 2020....but I ask for as bad as Lovie has been. Can we trust Josh to make a hire when he emptied the bank for a disaster? While he's a good guy, his tenure at this point has not been any improvement from Thomas. He's just liekable.

Status
Not open for further replies.