Football Coaching Staff / Coaching Carousel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,451      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I'd love to be bitter and say something about what if the search to replace Ward takes 3+ months, but there is a >.01% chance of that happening so I don't want to jinx the program.

#1,460      

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Some sense in this. Rod Carey (Ward worked for Carey at NIU) just took the Temple job. And Ward is getting another title. But it's hard to stay very positive when losing a coach to Temple. Not a good look at all.

#1,461      

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
when you are Alabama and you lose coaches, it sucks but you kind of understand that it goes with success

when you are a program like ours and you lose coaches at the rate we are, sometimes to lower level schools , you kind of don't understand

#1,464      
when you are Alabama and you lose coaches, it sucks but you kind of understand that it goes with success

when you are a program like ours and you lose coaches at the rate we are, sometimes to lower level schools , you kind of don't understand

Lower level? Winning matters

#1,465      
Matt Forte was interested in getting on the Bears staff. It is not gonna happen, but maybe. Realistically, I imagine between Rod Smith and Lovie Smith they have some good connections for running back coach. I will say this news stinks, but makes since if he becomes co-oc

#1,467      

FT35

Naperville
Matt Forte was interested in getting on the Bears staff. It is not gonna happen, but maybe. Realistically, I imagine between Rod Smith and Lovie Smith they have some good connections for running back coach. I will say this news stinks, but makes since if he becomes co-oc

We need someone who knows how to recruit and preferably someone with instate connections. Instate recruiting has been brutally bad even with Ward on the staff.

#1,468      
I can't believe nobody has posted a single gif yet... where's Skydub? I need a 3-5 second video clip that encapsulates the emotions I'm ill equip to put words to.

#1,469      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Let's avoid naming the following for our own peace of mind:

- Any former Chicago Bears
- Any current/former coaches from the Tampa Bay Bucs
- Any HS coaches that have been mentioned for years that have never been substantiated or previously declined (Sunkett, Holocek)
- Any of Lovie's children

#1,470      
Temple hired an assistant coach before the next dead period even started!?! Ha ha! What dopes!

I'm not worried. I'm sure Lovie can find another ace recruiter and position coach in no time.

#1,472      
Not sure why he would go to Temple from Illinois, it seems like a step down IMHO. Unless he is getting a promotion.

#1,473      
Don’t get me wrong I loved Thad and the energy he brought to the program everyday, but recruiting wise he never really brought in any big time recruits or won many battles. He was more of a add on to other coaches recruiting pitches.

#1,474      

illini80

Forgottonia
Well congratulation and thank you to Thad. Without him, I believe we would be in a much worse situation than we are. Obviously, the key to keeping the arrow pointed up is the next hire. Let's hope its a good one!

#1,475      
Thad was recruiting Illinois (mainly) for many years at northern and UI. Will be a challenge for him to go into a new area, best of luck.

I wonder how long Thad informed the staff he was leaving???? With job openings already, hopefully they were interviewing possible replacements for Thad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.