#FreeTevian

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever break a stupid rule twice? A lot of people think this is a stupid rule to begin with, and not worthy of the hammer coming down on the second offense. I think most people who don't like this rule would agree that a player that flaunts minor/stupid rules has to go, if they establish a pattern of putting themself before anyone else.

I broke a stupid rule once.... once.

Tacomallini

Washington State
Only if you give us a hilarious anecdote or two
Not sure if these qualify as hilarious, but several players stopped by the Smoke Shack to ask about whizzinators. If you don't know what that is, I'd post a pic but I think it'd get me banned. Also, at least one b-ball player (circa 2005-6) used to buy bundles of dimebag ziplocks baggies...either for packing hamster sized servings of food, or more likely, for a little illicit side hustle. Mostly the players that stopped by were getting Philly blunts, or similar, or piss blocking drinks to help beat drug tests.

02x20-672773.gif

Deleted member 11196

D
People can justify literally any behavior if it gets them what they want. SMH.

The kid messed up. He's paying the price. It doesn't matter what you think of it. He's going to be better for it, or not.

#freetevianafterheserveshispenaltyforbreakingtherulesbecauselifeismoreimportantthanthesestupidbasketballgames

WOW.. Could be the UNDERSTATEMENT of the YEAR... and it's only Jan 3rd.... lmao

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
You ever break a stupid rule twice? A lot of people think this is a stupid rule to begin with, and not worthy of the hammer coming down on the second offense. I think most people who don't like this rule would agree that a player that flaunts minor/stupid rules has to go, if they establish a pattern of putting themself before anyone else.

Not since I became an adult (18) and definitely not if breaking the rule the first time jeopordized something that I loved doing (and that people counted on me to do).

Stupid or not, the rule was broken. He was reprimanded. Then, when everyone said “hey man, keep your nose clean. You’re being watched right now so let it all die down and if it happens again in a year or something the punishment won’t be severe” TJ disregarded the mentoring/reprimand/consequences for himself and his teammates and did it anyway. And to make it worse, it was while he was STILL being scrutinized/punished for the first offense.

It’s just a complete lack of regard/respect and THAT behavior is what needs to be fixed and maybe keeping TJ out for the entire length of the suspension is exactly the wake-up call BU felt he needed.

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
Not to hijack the thread, but should we be considering using the forthcoming legalization of marijuana as a recruiting tool? Desperate times call for desperate measures!

The state budget could sure use the tax dollars!!!

Deleted member 11241

D
How many times would he break the rule if he smoked two joints before he smoked two joints, and then he smoked two more?

Depends on if he also smoked two in the morning, two at night, two in the afternoon to make him feel alright and if he smokes two joints in time of peace and two in time of war....... He probably won't pass in that scenario

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I fee like some people are missing the sarcasm in GForce’s post.

Since we're on a roll, how about #PlaySamba

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.