Game Thread: Illinois at Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllFanInMi

I
R
Pfffft.

This should be obvious, but there's a wide distance between "having high expectations for your squad" and "crying like you just found out your wife used to be a man, when you lose a game".

I don't think this game shows that Arizona is "so much better than us", at all.

How many MSU teams have we seen lose multiple games early in the season, and then turn in a deep NCAA tournament run? Teams need time to gel and evolve. We have a lot of quality parts, this year - it's as obvious as anything else on display in this game.

If you want to stop and think about my point for more than 1 minute, you'll understand my point really easily. This "sky is falling" tone cuz we simply hit a cold stretch, on the road, against a ranked team, is *excessive*.

Really, you’re going to compare MSU losing to Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, etc... to this? MSU plays and loses to top 5 teams and those losses aren’t the same. They blow out the Nicholls States and GCU’s of the world.

My frustration is not the losses, it’s the pattern of sloppy, disorganized, high turnover, mental lapses on both ends, history of not getting most of the 50/50 balls, wide open 3’s, on and on. I see the talent this year, I get frustrated with BU. Look what he’s doing with Giorgi!!!! You’re making millions and you saw a hidden talent and great fit for him last year, now you got him in a foreign country, that’s on BU!!! I simply expect more with the talent we have. Zona is young as heck, but you wouldn’t know it.

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
I'd say put in the scrubs at this point. Nothing to be gained in these final minutes.

Really frustrated by our careless turnovers, mental errors, poor defense, and lack of toughness in the 2nd half. Lame

Deleted member 652352

D
We're a bit too talented (we start to 5* blue-chip recruits) to lose a game by this much.

Goal for the next week: Figure out some offense for our two bigs to coexist and ballhandling and passing drills for our guards. 12 turnovers for Ayo and Andre won't cut it. Free Tevian!

1573445333989.png

Status
Not open for further replies.