Game Thread: Illinois at Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746654

D
These announcers have no clue. McLean on several occasions has said that ILLINI only play 7 guys and may wear out and half. Last I checked we go at least 9 deep

They are holding Nico out at the end of the first half... hope he isn't unleashed in this second half

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
  • I'm actually impressed we're in this game given the pace the game is going. Last year I would say this kind of pace favors us, this year, doesn't seem like we're structured for that. But I guess we know we have the ability to play like that, so that helps.
  • That Mannion kid talks a lot, but backs it up. we need to find a way to contain him better.
  • It would be nice if the Pac12 network would do enough homework to not use our outdated logo. But...oh well.

These announcers have no clue. McLean on several occasions has said that ILLINI only play 7 guys and may wear out and half. Last I checked we go at least 9 deep
Probably just looking at who scored v GCU

Need to close out on shooters better. But all in all, great half.

Obviously, great to see Ayo and Trent showing up under the bright lights.

Griffin continues to be a fantastic player when he’s out there.

Tougher sledding for Dre against these big boys, but you’re not taking the fight out of him.

Giorgi well rested. But so is Mannion.

Buckle up. This is fun.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Exceptional half!!! The story remains the same. We have 5 guys who can lead us in scoring on any given night. And then we have Alan and Damonte off the bench.
That’s it right now.

AZ seems to have more talent and athleticism. I hope we’re both top 15-20 talent come March!

Anyone who has anything negative to say about that half of basketball, I don't know what to tell you? Two very high quality teams playing extremely high quality basketball. If this is what we get to watch this year, wow, is this gonna be fun!
I agree. We're playing our balls off right now.

Anyone who has anything negative to say about that half of basketball, I don't know what to tell you? Two very high quality teams playing extremely high quality basketball. If this is what we get to watch this year, wow, is this gonna be fun!
I wish we played more defense. That being said we look really capable if raw. Turnovers must improve. But we are a talented bunch, clearly

IllFanInMi

I
We need to establish someone(s) as spot up 3 point shooter(s), the extra distance not stopping these kids these days, still a huge weapon

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Thank you Mrs. Williams.

Lol! I'm not sure why some of you are so anxious to write him off, but whatever! He's an Illini and he deserves our support! I'm not saying he's a starter and deserves starter minutes. He has value. Coaches that are WAY more knowledgeable than all of you combined are evaluating him every day...and he's earning minutes.

Deal with it.

Deleted member 652751

D
Lol! I'm not sure why some of you are so anxious to write him off, but whatever! He's an Illini and he deserves our support! I'm not saying he's a starter and deserves starter minutes. He has value. Coaches that are WAY more knowledgeable than all of you combined are evaluating him every day...and he's earning minutes.

Deal with it.
No I get that. I undoubtably support him. I just feel that Griffin deserves more minutest than him at this point. He's been a relative non-factor for two plus seasons. I feel Griffin gives us a better chance of winning when he's playing, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.