Game Thread: Illinois at Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllFanInMi

I
Man, Dan needs to start a gofundme for a Loyalty forum therapist, cuz as soon as the smallest thing goes wrong with an Illini team some of y'all go immediately into emotional trauma mode.

Come on yo, this is a road game against a ranked team. We got some bad breaks and the deficit avalanched a bit - it's not that crazy. We've seen a lot of promising things tonight, too. This the 3rd game of the year.

Maybe they’ll give us a participation trophy, come on softie!

Sucks when this is our most talented team in a while and Arizona has 3 players on their team more talented than our best player.

It won’t be as fun beating them next year after Miller has been let go for the FBI investigation and Mannion is gone.

Deleted member 4960

D
With 3 guards that are highly experienced we shouldn’t have this many turnovers

azillini1

Scottsdale
U of A has 3 freshman starting and only their 2nd game of the year. Surprisingly, they don't turn the ball over

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Sucks when this is our most talented team in a while and Arizona has 3 players on their team more talented than our best players.
Well, to be fair, we all know why that is...

“Four teams in the top 30” equals a bragging point for this P-12 announcing team. What do you think guys. Sounds fairly mid major to me.

GallopingGhost

Denver, CO
Losing grip here. I think a comeback would be quite unlikely at this point. However I said that during the Mich St game so what do I know? :p

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Here comes the tick-tack, inconsequential, off the ball calls against AZ to make the foul differential look better

Feliz is going to put the 2nd half on his back again isn't he?

IllFanInMi

I
Sorry, not being a naysayer, or overreacting, but I have to question BU’s systems, we just don’t look the part. This team had the talent, Arizona is not 20+ better

GallopingGhost

Denver, CO
Well this is good now we know what we have. A team with talent that makes far too many mistakes. Need to get those cleaned up. Very optimistic

I agree. I dont mind losing due to turnovers. I mind losing due to inferior talent. Which is not the case cause we kept in it for about 2/3 of the game

IllFanInMi

I
God I miss Giorgi being the one getting the post passes and schooling guys, Kofi has a ways to go as a post player

Maybe they’ll give us a participation trophy, come on softie!

Pfffft.

This should be obvious, but there's a wide distance between "having high expectations for your squad" and "crying like you just found out your wife used to be a man, when you lose a game".

I don't think this game shows that Arizona is "so much better than us", at all.

How many MSU teams have we seen lose multiple games early in the season, and then turn in a deep NCAA tournament run? Teams need time to gel and evolve. We have a lot of quality parts, this year - it's as obvious as anything else on display in this game.

If you want to stop and think about my point for more than 1 minute, you'll understand my point really easily. This "sky is falling" tone cuz we simply hit a cold stretch, on the road, against a ranked team, is *excessive*.

Deleted member 652352

D
This thing may have been even uglier had Mannion not gotten himself into foul trouble early.

Status
Not open for further replies.