Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
i am done with this - this is ridiculous

Deleted member 29907

D
Iowa coach complains, two very questionable calls- who do they think they are Duke BBall?

Why not just paint the white stripes yellow and complete the freakin' picture.

Thanks refs, take 7 away from us and give it to your team. :mad:

Deleted member 29907

D
Where is Dudek - Turner is just not helping us - need to go get that ball and knock it down.

BZuppke

Plainfield
The fix is obviously in. Iowa won't be allowed to go 0-3 in the B1G.

Deleted member 29907

D
Why does Lovie just sit and let Ferentz take over the refs?

I don't know what you are all complaining about. All of these calls have been right. Our tackles shouldn't be wandering down field looking for a linebacker to block on a pass play.

Deleted member 29907

D
anybody want to tell us non BTN peeps what happened?

Slant pass to Turner for a TD called back because they called our OLineman downfield - the 2nd flag for OLineman downfield called after Ferentz whined to the refs. Next pass picked in the endzone via underthrown pass.

Deleted member 29907

D
I don't know what you are all complaining about. All of these calls have been right. Our tackles shouldn't be wandering down field looking for a linebacker to block on a pass play.

As long as they are consistent -I'd really like to see how far off 3 yards they are.

Every ref at an Iowa game is a homer. Never watch the game to see who wins; only how close Illinois can play them.

Deleted member 29907

D

This is what I am talking about - we get called on what is always going on with wide receivers - yet a 1 step out of bounds targeting call doesn't even get a thought - announcers didn't say a word either. Only good news is he may have taken himself out of the game with that cheap hit.

That being said - Crouch needs to know if he's going out of bounds, to really go out of bounds.

On the ineligible downfield calls... I go weeks without hearing one of those called, in ANY football game, and yet they call two on us in one drive, the second one marginal at best? Total BS.

As was that "holding" call

As was the "fumble" on our first play

Not to mention if one of our linebackers did what Jewell did the conference would've commissioned an investigation into our program.

Status
Not open for further replies.