Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the tip, here is a willing thought from a die hard fan....DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE THE SAME ILLINI PERFORMANCE WE SAW AGAINST THE GOPHERS. Simply, we have seen nothing like it from this team and to think we will again is fool's gold. But, what I do expect is to see some of it stick, and especially the defensive intensity....a must if Illini are to win in Iowa City. There is a very, very low probability the Illini will shoot over 60% from everywhere for most of the game. But they must find ways to score. Giorgi, Ayo, and Trent must contribute consistently in that regard and it starts with getting the ball to Giorgi on most possessions...not so he can manuever and shoot every trip but to get the defense to sag and open up shooters as well. This could be a really terrific game to watch and the Illini should have a chance late....but this team has a way that does not bode well so who knows? I sure don't. A huge key is can they rebound like the last game? We will know in a couple of hours.

Deleted member 645583

D
8 minutes to go 'til showtime. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Yes. Play well Illini. Giorgi: give me some dance moves, but try not to foul.

Woof, Fran has correctly decided to play zone. It might be a long day.

Also, Kipper immediately misses both free throws. God.

Deleted member 29907

D
Who's the color commentator - has a huge Man crush on Iowa already.

Hopefully Underwood gets them to calm down and run the offense. Right now they're back to disjointed YMCA ball.

Pathetic, share the basketball, feliz needs to pass that to Tev. Same with Kipper, pass that to Tev.

Deleted member 645583

D
Giorgi is outclassed so far. And so are all Illini. Brad: again, hair looks good, stay calm. 12-0 run. Oh, boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.