Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
9-2 and sitting atop the conference by day's end would be OUTSTANDING --- with four road wins under our belt, and 5 of 9 remaining games at SFC.

Toughness = key.

Hope Garva goes pro at the end of this season. He is a beast.

We are due to get a few calls in the second half. :hailtotheorange:

I love the way this has been called. They're letting them play. If Kofi gets saddled with fouls, it's going to be a long half. Very even outside of that four minute stretch where Garza went off.

Good thing we have Alan back for this one. Ayo in foul trouble and only 11 mins. And we are up one.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Fox has been really kind to us today, and over the past month. Announcers, studio team and all. And then DeCourcy giving us the #4 seed in bracketology.

We're going to have to hit the three in the second half. They have to loosen that zone. We're having all kinds of trouble getting the ball into the middle of it.

I love the way this has been called. They're letting them play. If Kofi gets saddled with fouls, it's going to be a long half. Very even outside of that four minute stretch where Garza went off.
Kofi got absolutely harassed countless times, yet someone breathes on Garza and it’s a foul.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Fouls scare me more than anything at this point. With just 3 at half, Iowa has cart blanche to play aggressively in 2nd half.

Murphy's law hits me on Super Bowl Sunday....TV goes out and I spend most of the first half on the phone with Dish. Got it back though.
The question I have is did anything unusual happen in the first half that was totally unpredictable? Can't tell on box score.

Murphy's law hits me on Super Bowl Sunday....TV goes out and I spend most of the first half on the phone with Dish. Got it back though.
The question I have is did anything unusual happen in the first half that was totally unpredictable? Can't tell on box score.
Garza did not score for first 12 minutes or so..then scored 11 in about three minutes

Kofi got absolutely harassed countless times, yet someone breathes on Garza and it’s a foul.
He's only got one foul right now. It's been physical on both ends. There's been no parades to the foul line. The way this is being called is the key to us hanging in. If the refs get whistle happy...we're in trouble.

Here's hoping Ayo goes off in the 2nd half. GO ILLINI!

I can't even imagine who is going to replace Feliz next season. He is so valuable.
Hopefully Andre (Curbelo) can help fill some of what Andres gives. If he can get through growing pains in the B1G as a freshman, maybe can contribute a bit later in the season.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Bench
The question I have is did anything unusual happen in the first half that was totally unpredictable. Can't tell on box score.
Highlights:
1. Bench points something like 16-0 Illini
2. Garza got all 11 pts in a 3-min stretch late in the half
3. Fouls 8-3 favoring Hawkeyes
4. AG hit two deep bombs
5. It's a battle in the paint on both ends of the court
6. We're happy with the 1 point lead!!

I’m happy it’s Ayo and Damonte with 2 fouls each at the half rather than Kofi and Giorgi.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
AG3 and Dre keeping us in this. Need Ayo, Trent to come alive!

Why is a BIG clash between top 20 teams getting the C team of announcers? ... oh wait. everyone else is in miami, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.