Game Thread: Illinois at Michigan State

Status
Not open for further replies.
FG% Illini 26% MSU 63%
REbs Illini 11 MSU 22
TOs Illini 5 MSU 6

Future Walk-On

Peoria, IL
Let me know how second half is (ok I'll probably watch if I can stay awaKe) . Scared rushed shots and they run down 2x as fast as us.

This is what Bradley games look like. I can't take more of it.

I'm predicting Illini will have a huge 2nd half and win. They won't miss a shot and izzo will lose his mind. Illini will then win 15 straight conference games and make the tourney. Watch and see!!!!

Thankfully Izzo will empty the bench in the 2nd half. MSU played 13 guys the first half. I don't think we even have 10 guys on our roster tonight with all the injuries and KN's absence.

9 MSU players with over 6 minutes and 13 MSU players played.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Switching over to The First 48. At least that is not a murder in progress like this game is.

I honestly think this is a different game with Nunn. He's the glue that holds this team together.

I'm not trying to be an antagonist, but he wouldn't make that much of a difference. Nunn out/Valentine out, it's a wash. Face it, this is going to be a very long season.

I'm predicting Illini will have a huge 2nd half and win. They won't miss a shot and izzo will lose his mind. Illini will then win 15 straight conference games and make the tourney. Watch and see!!!!
Pass me what you are drinking pls!

If MSU had 4 starters out and we had 1 out, it'd be a much different story. This is obviously a bad game by UI, and we're heading to a no-postseason postseason, but if both teams were at full strength this would have been a very competitive game. It is what it is.

Have been questioning the talent of this team even when we were fully healthy, now just questioning the heart.
Nah.

The tOSU game showed me that the team has heart. We just don't have any depth, and there's that noted lack of talent as well. Tonight we're seeing a title contender team play like a title contender. And our starting lineup consists of one baller, a redshirt freshman, a true freshman, a backup point guard... and Maverick Morgan. All are playing at a very loud and amped-up Breslin Center.

We are rattled, out-talented, out-manned, and being swallowed by the environment.

HoustonIllini

Houston, TX
If MSU had 4 starters out and we had 1 out, it'd be a much different story. This is obviously a bad game by UI, and we're heading to a no-postseason postseason, but if both teams were at full strength this would have been a very competitive game. It is what it is.

Nice post . . . thanks. It's nice to visit with reality once in awhile, so I guess I'll step away from the ledge.

We basically played the last 7 minutes of the half with our third string last August-- Williams, Morgan, Tate, Austin and Finke. Hard to score with those guys.

breadman

Herndon, VA

OK, we still don't know who's getting injured in the locker room at the half. Let's see who comes out for the second half before we start making predictions. heh!

I'm not trying to be an antagonist, but he wouldn't make that much of a difference. Nunn out/Valentine out, it's a wash. Face it, this is going to be a very long season.

It's more complicated than that. Especially, given our depth issues, Valentine's replacement > Kendrick's replacement

I have to respectively disagree. However, I admire your loyalty to the team, and respect your posts.

217sports

Springfield
I think it's a composure issue, IMO...we were clearly rattled.

I agree with that. Maybe went to far in my post, may have had too many while watching this :eek: . Just bad basketball decisions, low bball IQ throughout the entire team it seems. I am honestly amazed by how little we know about simple defensive stature such as switching, pack line D, etc. So little attention to detail is killing this team and it could be solved very easily.

Also, has anyone commented on Tate and Lewis in the game when we are down by 20+? What have I missed with JCL not launching 30+ threes every time he touches it to get back in it? :D

Nah.

The tOSU game showed me that the team has heart. We just don't have any depth, and there's that noted lack of talent as well. Tonight we're seeing a title contender team play like a title contender. And our starting lineup consists of one baller, a redshirt freshman, a true freshman, a backup point guard... and Maverick Morgan. All are playing at a very loud and amped-up Breslin Center.

We are rattled, out-talented, out-manned, and being swallowed by the environment.

You sure take the fun out of emotional, reactionary griping...Nice reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.