Game Thread: Illinois at Michigan State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the optimistic view:
- if you have to start 0-14 from three on the road, this was the game to do it. We were losing this one regardless
- Ayo has looked really good

I know everyone will cry “here comes the fake rally”, but I’m hoping to see some heart and points in the last ten minutes

Deleted member 746654

D
We are never going to be goodcagain....
Yes I'm exaggerating but it just seems that way

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
This is so freaking depressing. This is not where this team should be after 3 years under BU. Getting blown out by 20. Completely unacceptable.
The offense isn't working. Terrible shot selection is hurting on offense and setting up MSU for great transition baskets. This is just plain bad. The team has talent. No excuse for this type of a showing.

What worked in first half? Giorgi in post. Instead, he stands out there jacking 3s and making terrible post passes. Did BU not watch the half. Bottom line, he has recruited no forwards that can play
It's kind of like when Illinois had Nnanna Egwu chucking 3s. Trying to make Giorgi a stretch 4 is hurting the team, not helping.

Underwood needs to figure out this offense. What a disaster, team looks lost and disinterested. If you think his seat isn’t hot missing the tournament with a roster like this ......
This will be a point for probably the post game, but a roster like what?

Do you look at this group and think....

Wow, great shooters!
Wow, they are so athletic!
Oh man, they are incredibly quick!

The one standout is Ayo.....you see the flash, but he just doesn't shoot the ball well.

The next guy who catches your eye is obviously Kofi. He's a freshman (so pause needed), but at that size, I want to see the rim come down. I want to see hard fouls. Be intimidating.

It is a good roster, with missing parts at critical positions.

One of these days I’m going to quantify the 2nd half struggles we’ve had so often on offense going back to Groce era

Only 6 turnovers. 12 assists on 19 baskets. This is all about roster construction. We have played the game ok. We don't have enough players.

Deleted member 4960

D
Again we are going to look really bad when we are 1 for 18from 3 folks. It’s not the offense it’s lack of shooting

This will be a point for probably the post game, but a roster like what?

Do you look at this group and think....

Wow, great shooters!
Wow, they are so athletic!
Oh man, they are incredibly quick!

The one standout is Ayo.....you see the flash, but he just doesn't shoot the ball well.

The next guy who catches your eye is obviously Kofi. He's a freshman (so pause needed), but at that size, I want to see the rim come down. I want to see hard fouls. Be intimidating.

It is a good roster, with missing parts at critical positions.
I like Griffin, too.

Here come the horrible make up calls and we still haven’t learned we can’t make shots this game yet keep shooting

The shots look bad coming off our hands. Maybe it's conditioning but everything looks like a brick well before it gets to the basket.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
MSU just knows the game so much better. They know what to look for. They know how to execute based on what the defense is doing. They know their strengths and how to use them. Illinois doesn't do any of this.

Deleted member 4960

D
Kofi 2 for 10 or 11? Is killing us. Can’t catch the ball cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.