Game Thread: Illinois at Michigan State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ayo the only one that cares right now? Dude looks incredible. Want Alan to take shots, as well as Trent.

Kofi needs to go up and dunk the damn ball once in a while none of this soft stuff show them who's boss!

dang shots just aren't falling tonight

How are we so bad at shooting on the road.. and where is Trent ... when are we gonna run plays for he Alan and tev to shoot!!

Last edited:
Did you see him play against Jalen Smith or Jon Teske? Was Teske smaller than him? Was Jalen Smith just an inferior player?
Michigan does not have anywhere near the frontcourt MSU has. Teske is a big, strong guy, but that's all Michigan has in regards to big, physical, imposing size. They are also a team that will go only as far as their guards take them. It's why we beat them.

I saw 9 points and 8 rebounds against a good Maryland frontcourt. That's just about what I'd expect. It's fair. That's a solid game for a freshman.

To think that they're going to run the offense through him against a team as big and physical as MSU is silly. The guy who needs to say hello to the season is Frazier. They need him. If they can't score on the perimeter more efficiently...they're toast. That's been the biggest disappointment to date.

No points from Frazier Giorgi sad how much they have regressed this year.

If we shot 33% from 3 we would be tied. 0 for 9.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Time to start rotating Giorgi and Kofi in the post.

Michigan does not have anywhere near the frontcourt MSU has. Teske is a big, strong guy, but that's all Michigan has in regards to big, physical, imposing size. They are also a team that will go only as far as their guards take them. It's why we beat them.

I saw 9 points and 8 rebounds against a good Maryland frontcourt. That's just about what I'd expect. It's fair. That's a solid game for a freshman.

To think that they're going to run the offense through him against a team as big and physical as MSU is silly. The guy who needs to say hello to the season is Frazier. They need him. If they can't score on the perimeter more efficiently...they're toast. That's been the biggest disappointment to date.

A straw man argument away from your original point- that Kofi just plays bully ball and dominates against smaller, inferior opponents. He’s had really good games against 2 of the top 5 bigs in the conference so far this season.

NO one for the Illini has ever been an elite shooter like Winston....however several are far more willing to shoot which gives MSU the advantage. Shooting is the major and most important skill of the game and our guys don't do it well. They do some things well that do not show up on the scoreboard though.
Richard Keene,Cory Bradford,Andy Kaufmann among others were elite shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.