Game Thread: Illinois at Michigan State

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
source.gif

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I'm going to stop watching this season for a while and just check the box scores. My nights will be much more enjoyable.

Ayo is showing some positivity hopefully this is his turning point. Alan is as well! Only positives from this game. And tev getting some minutes. But he looks lost on D

Ken

chitown
Getting Ayo threw Frazier's game off. Getting Kofi threw Giorgi's game off. No way I'm saying we didn't want Ayo and Kofi. I'm saying Underwood needs to make it work.

Or they both just came back down to earth . There are plenty of players that look great on bad teams while getting an abundance of minutes but struggle when the expectations increase .

Do you honestly believe that they forget how to play offense ?

Deleted member 4960

D
They become mental anytime facing a high major opponent
I agree how’s the coaching staff supposed to fix that. Sometimes the kids are going to have to step up. Ayo can’t shoot 3’s and he and Feliz have been taking away Trents usage. Kofi looks dominant against undersized or inexperienced major bigs. He is still to weak with his hands and moves against more talented bigs.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Oh yeah they’re going to lose a game away at Michigan State that’s a big shocker
Definitely expected to lose this game. Didn’t expect to shoot this poorly or for Kofi to be so overmatched. First time he’s really seemed lost.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I expect us to shoot better than my 6th grade inter mural team. And we sucked.

I am not sure it lack of effort, when shooting is so dismal it just draining energy on both ends of the court. When Michigan State made there run, it was almost unanimous the game was likely over.

Or they both just came back down to earth . There are plenty of players that look great on bad teams while getting an abundance of minutes but struggle when the expectations increase .

Do you honestly believe that they forget how to play offense ?

Sorry, that didn't make sense. So Frazier and Giorgi just got lucky for a year? Both players are more than capable. I think, in some ways, they both defer too much which has hurt their confidence.

Well...not a game we expected to win. Purdue at home next. A must win. They are not as good as I thought they would be but they will likely improve as year goes on. If we lose that one, we will be in extremely bad shape for making tourney.

Well like a Cubs fan wait til next year. Illni will be lucky to make Nit cant shoot and Underwood needs to stop starting Damonte and Fraizer bums. Let the younger guys play. Someone said it earlier post brutal to be an Illni fan for 10 years now.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Purdue game becomes a big game for this season and where we are headed.
Let me give you a little preview. Illinois loses and we're headed towards a coaching search. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.