Game Thread: Illinois at Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
They are playing a lot harder than we are right now, we have to match their intensity.

More 3-point attempts than 2-point attempts.

Not a winning formula for most teams, most definitely including ours.

Deleted member 29907

D
Minnesota is incredibly physical and attacks the boards with reckless abandon. Could be a very long night.

And the refs are not calling what they should - missed a travel, LB got screwed to name a few. We're clearly not helping ourselves, but come on.

No energy....no surprise

Coudln't disagree more. I actually think we have come out with a lot of energy. Shots haven't fallen yet.

Murphy and Lynch are a real matchup nightmare for us, especially minus Leron, especially with some of the calls (or non-calls) that have been made.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Honestly, they are doing some climbing, but I doubt we are going to get any over-the-back calls.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Help us AJ. You're our only hope.

This is not energy issue. We start a team that cannot shoot and do not have size. What do you expect?

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I'm going to say this is about as close to a must win as possible for our NCAA hopes.

Using current rpi numbers (yes, I know they will change, but what can you do), we are currently:
1-1 quadrant 1 (6 games left).
0-3 quadrant 2 (3 games left).
1-1 quadrant 3 (5 games left).
7-0 quadrant 4 (2 games left).

Assuming we win all remaining games in quadrants 2-4, we sit at 19-5 (no Augustana) overall, 10-2 big ten. This includes beating Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, and Rutgers on the road. Also Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State, Indiana, Iowa, and Rutgers at home.

Beating Michigan State and Purdue will be very difficult, so I'm going to assume we lose those three games for arguments sake. Now we are hypothetically 19-8 overall, 10-5 big ten.

This leaves three games left:
@ Minnesota
@ Michigan
@ Ohio State

Three tough games. I think we need to go 2-1 here to be a very solid bubble team. 3-0 to offset a loss to any in the bottom 3 quadrants that I earlier assumed were wins. This is a young team and I don't see us making 0 hiccups through the end of the season, making this just about a must win ball game.

2-1 puts us at 21-9 overall, 12-6 in the big ten.

Unlikely to happen IMO, but this is the path I see where we have a fighting chance to go dancing. It has to start with a win tonight.

Go Illini!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure what alternative reality you are living in, but this group will not go 21-9 in this or any other dimension.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Seriously, Trent is SOOOO much better than Lucas. I am getting really sick of BU wasting time by keeping him on the bench.

Alright Kipper, time to take a step in and stop launching 3's.

FeelTheLovie

Louisville, KY
Wish list for the night:
-see Damonte score
-Trent passing well
-Greg being tough

We need to see growth in a tough game

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
What's the single game record for blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.