Game Thread: Illinois at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 649710

D
Special teams have been consistently decent all season, until ... h::doh::doh::doh:

I wish I could put money on this being a TD. Its as sure a lock as exists

What the h2ll is wrong with these guys! Can you please tell me why 28 tryd to scoop the ball up instead of falling on it.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
We can talk about building for the next couple of years but I just don't think this group of players is redeemable.

Well, at the half, time to go spray all the "ball catchers" down from head to toe with stickum.

17 Nebraska points off three Illini turnovers. Those turnovers also represent opportunities lost for the offense to score more points. How much are they down? Oh yeah, 17. Who gets the ball to start the second half? Oh yeah, Illinois. Worst case scenario without those three turnovers = 21-21 and Illinois getting the ball.

:frustrated:

Special team and turnovers have cost us this game. This team is not better then us

Stampley drop, Mays drop/Bush fumble = at least 2 fg
2 fumbled punts = 10 pts
without killing ourselves we're down 1 or possibly up:rage:

Deleted member 236589

D
We can talk about building for the next couple of years but I just don't think this group of players is redeemable.

They look competent on offense. They seem to have a good grasp of the system. They're a couple of good receivers from being a truly dynamic offense.

On the defense, they just don't have the personnel. They look slow. They look undersized.....it looks like a MAC caliber group.

On special teams, those two punts, are 100% on the special teams quote. 1)Anything inside the 10, let it go. That's HS type stuff. 2)If you have to dive to catch it.....let it go. Again, HS type stuff.

So, some good, some bad, some stupid = 4-8

If Corbin was on the bike, what's the likelihood he's back in second half?

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Defense is at least looking competent.
giphy.gif

I don't understand how some of these bench players even get a chance to make the mistakes they do. They're way worst than our starters who have shown a propensity to not secure the ball both while receiving it and carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.