Game Thread: Illinois at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9739

D
Embarrassing. And I am afraid that will be said a lot this season.

I think that if we had athletes like Roby and Copeland, the defensive scheme would be fine...but since we aren't long or athletic it's about the stupidest defense you could play

Anyone can state, we don't have the athlete's, the players don't have a grasp of game plan due to youth, Kipper or any other player is not playing the way (we) expect them to every game, we throw to many alley oops to the wrong players, we foul too much, we give up to many easy baskets, we let the other team out rebound us.....IT SIMPLY DOESN'T MATTER, NONE OF IT MATTERS, as long as

the coaches son is playing this type of minutes and taking the time running out on us shots with airballs....I mean really that is a glaring example of exactly where our once strong/proud program as fallen....simply unacceptable for a Power 5 school.

my gosh are we bad. we are small, slow, can't shoot and play with no poise, other than that we are good.. How can you play 4 guards most of the time , yet can't penetrate and create good looks and then if you do, you can't make a shot. Jordan is the only guy and Giorgi that can do anything on the Offensive end

Deleted member 656517

D
Nothing from Trent, still no Samba Kane. I’m usually a supporter of Underwood but this is the most pathetic display of Illinois basketball I have ever seen.
Just tuned in to the end of half (wish I didn’t). Any sighting of Griffin?

Adonis is not ready to play at this level

Thorne 2.0 would have been alot to expect, another wasted ride on a 5th yr Big....I would gladly take an athletic aggressive JUCO over this type of recruit anyday moving forward. How many big 5th yr stiffs do we have to take, before insanity is slapping you in the face and we wake up?

No the defensive scheme is not fine no matter who you have. Embarrassingly bad basketball. Frazier and Ayo won't shoot. Rarely get a good shot out of the offense they run. No flow to the offense. Does anybody on the team have the will to win

my gosh are we bad. we are small, slow, can't shoot and play with no poise, other than that we are good.. How can you play 4 guards most of the time , yet can't penetrate and create good looks and then if you do, you can't make a shot. Jordan is the only guy and Giorgi that can do anything on the Offensive end
Last foul on Giorgi was BS...that killed momentum. They are a very good defensive team. If we were hitting 3s we'd have a chance. Kipper is having a decent game but not much help.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
"If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Luke Skywalker

Deleted member 236589

D
I'm losing my enthusiasm for Illinois basketball. I think this will be the worst team in the last 25 years.
That's how I feel and it's the worst part of this. 8 games in and the season is already over. In a million years, I never would have thought that I'd get to a point of indifference with Illinois basketball. I'd be more excited if we had a highly regarded class coming in next year. To date, we have nobody signed. It will be much of the same. Undersized, not very athletic and not a whole lot of skill on the roster.

It's a mess and it's a downer.

Deleted member 236589

D
This isn’t as bad as we’ve ever played (Groce), but this is the biggest lack of talent I can remember.
This is FAR worse than we played under Groce. We weren't great, but we we're competitive and he recruited 10 times better than Underwood. We made an NCAA and NIT appearance under Groce. This is going to be an 8 win team this year, getting rocked in most of them.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
I think r
Anybody starting to realize we just aren’t good? I had this team pegged for 16-15 at the beginning of the year, but 10 wins might be a struggle

Ten wins is absolutely realistic and damn I miss having a competitive team.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Giorgi is a bright spot in all of this. He’s just fun to watch.

I meant THE bright spot

Status
Not open for further replies.