Game Thread: Illinois at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
I know It wouldn’t help but is tevian still suspended? Is samba Kane that bad that they can’t get on the floor? This is awful basketball. Maybe they would be a different kind of awful that may at some point be slightly less awful? I mean at this point we need a reason to keep watching.

This is FAR worse than we played under Groce. We weren't great, but we we're competitive and he recruited 10 times better than Underwood. We made an NCAA and NIT appearance under Groce. This is going to be an 8 win team this year, getting rocked in most of them.

The reason the roster is completely depleted is because of Groce. His Tourney team he inherited from Weber and that team was dead in the water until a late surge. He landed mostly mid major talent and had big and embarrassing misses. We also had our most embarrassing losses in school history under Groce. We were down 30 routinely, and on National TV. He didn’t make the tournament with a team with Ray Rice, Egwu, Nunn, and Hill on it.

No revisionist history here. I don’t think this team is good, but I’d take this 100x over again over the Groce era

I don’t think this team is historically bad, I think they can be good, they are clearly not playing to their potential

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Cool, we're the pre 2016 Chicago Cubs of P5 CBB!!

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I'm not going to whine about the refs (except that I am), but I'm so sick of a no call on our end followed by a call on the other. It's happening way more than I can handle.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
In the post game press conference, If someone doesn't ask BU why we roll the ball on inbounds plays (with 13 minutes to go in the first half) or any other time....i'm not watching anymore BU post game pressers.

Deleted member 29907

D
bad call on DMW - he had hands up and was sliding in front - initiated by Nebby

Deleted member 29907

D
at least we finally have a home game.... oh, wait

Status
Not open for further replies.