Game Thread: Illinois at Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Ayo to have more of a killer instinct near the basket. These soft-touch finger roll layups won't cut the mustard in the B1G.

Dunk or do something equally authoritative.

Excellent final 6-8 minutes, after the first 15 or so, if you would have told me we'd have a lead at the half, I would have laughed. Strange game.

IlliniRon

Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Ft Worth, Texas
Nice run at the end of the first half. Would love to see a game where we come out strong after halftime, which is where we typically suffer. Things turned around with some defense, rebounding and drives to to basket, much different that sitting around shooting 3 pointers all day long.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Is it coincidence our best play in this game has come with TU on the floor?
I was a complainer about his PT earlier in the season—and I’m still not a huge fan of it—but he just knows exactly where to be positioned on both ends of the court.

This game vs NW is a glaring show of the talent level we now have. We used to be leap and bounds ahead of a NW type of school, glad to see our recruiting possibly getting ready to take off.

Players like Kane/Jones/Griffin will pay dividends as SO/JR and beyond possibly...Ayo is our most athletic pushing the ball right now, and Giorgi is our most athletic in half court. Frazier looks a little like he is pressing this game, Kipper is there, this game he should be breaking out again with Kopp (FR) guarding him...

Overall ugly 1st half for most part, glad we got the lead, Kofi time?

I was a complainer about his PT earlier in the season—and I’m still not a huge fan of it—but he just knows exactly where to be positioned on both ends of the court.

He got beat by a drive right down the lane?

Need Trent to come up big second half
DLR brought his A game but might not score again. The only thing that surprises me about this team is Trent. Thought he would be more consistent, maybe second team all big ten. Has not been consistent. Couple of really good games. Others meh.

There is no post season of any kind (unless you count the BIG tourney) this year. The freshman need to play. If the recruiting rumors come to fruition, it's of the utmost importance all of our young guys we're going to be counting on in the years to come gain tons of game experience.

There is no post season of any kind (unless you count the BIG tourney) this year. The freshman need to play. If the recruiting rumors come to fruition, it's of the utmost importance all of our young guys we're going to be counting on in the years to come gain tons of game experience.

It’s halftime, of what could be our first BIG win, and all of the freshmen have played. Some of them quite badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.