Game Thread: Illinois at Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
That last attempt by Kane is the exact reason he's not playing. He's simply not physically or mentally ready for this level. He's what, 6'10"? He gets a great dish, tries to lay it up and it gets swatted. He needs to go up strong and dunk that with some authority. That might work in high school.....not in the Big 10.
Though you could argue with our record getting him some more experience would be useful.

Kane cannot be in no-mans-land. Too many easy dunks when our big is out 30 feet.

Cook

Richmond, VA
I notice that we move around a lot on O, but it doesn't seem to get the D to either move enough or get off balance, out of position as much as I would hope to give us uncontested looks. Every single shot we take is contested unless it's a run out or something.

Deleted member 236589

D
Jones looked like Ollie from the movie Hoosiers there. Takes his first dribble going to the hoop and dribbles it off his foot.

I notice that we move around a lot on O, but it doesn't seem to get the D to either move enough or get off balance, out of position as much as I would hope to give us uncontested looks. Every single shot we take is contested unless it's a run out or something.

That's because we LOVE to dribble and hold the ball long enough for the D to rotate.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Haven't made a 3 yet?

Could someone please give that girl something to scream about? Although it’s not quite as bad as the girl that used to be at the Michigan St. games.

Haven't made a 3 yet?
Northwestern denies the three-pointer more aggressively than about any team you’ll see. If the refs were calling a tighter game on the ball screen hedges it would look a bit different.

Won’t matter if we keep watching freshmen turn the ball over, of course.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Defense is awful today. Here comes that rainy day feeling again.

Someone please tell me what they see in Tevian right now? All for giving him playing time to mature, but he obviously doesn't have the BBIQ to play B1G games yet.

Deleted member 746094

D
I try to never complain about the refs. However, because of our pressure some of these calls are bailing out our competition when they make ball handling mistakes.

Feels like they’ve been coached on taking too many threes and now we’re passing up good ones. Or maybe Trent specifically coached on getting others involved vs taking threes.

IlliniRon

Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Ft Worth, Texas
Nice to see more driving to the rim. We don't guard the lane well against dunks in the half court, so I guess we need to force a bunch of turnovers and run the court to have a shot today.

Except kipper gets up on a guy quicker than him that can't shoot who drives by him for layup, now making northwestern look like phi slamma jamma... guess I lean toward defense worse

Status
Not open for further replies.