Game Thread: Illinois at Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
NU 10 of 19 from the floor. Seems like it would be higher.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
We must be the most posterized team in the B1G.

I’ve been his biggest cheerleader but skipper needs to sit. He’s completely adrift.

lol, Kipper.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Kipper Nichols just doesn't seem to click here for whatever reason. No matter how much BU pumps him up. No matter how much we all want him to play well and reach his potential and no matter how much HE wants that...it just doesn't seem to be happening at Illinois.

Also, Damonte has had a rough sophomore slump.

Deleted member 746094

D
Someone please tell me what they see in Tevian right now? All for giving him playing time to mature, but he obviously doesn't have the BBIQ to play B1G games yet.

He just came off an 8 game suspension. Which is on him. Give him more than 5 minutes of game time to get some of the rust off.

I try to never complain about the refs. However, because of our pressure some of these calls are bailing out our competition when they make ball handling mistakes.

I spend most games furious about the refereeing. Like, I know we commit fouls like crazy, but the amount of leeway other teams get on bodying and hand checking out ballhandlers while we get called for every darn touch foul is pretty frustrating.

Northwestern is not very good, we just can not put it together long enough to do anything. For the love of all that is good can we please take the open shots when we have them

You know why IL loses. The other team gets lay-ups and dunks because we overplay so freakin' much and we struggle to get an open shot

When we get open outside looks, we hesitate...not confident enough to take, much less make

Deleted member 746094

D
That is why TU shouldn’t be playing. Just got beat as if he was standing still.

Adonis is keeping us in the first half.

Edit: also great feed from Kipper

I was a huge TU complainer against Mizzou, but Feliz and Damonte have both been embarrassing themselves on D. We were +7 with TU in the game until the Frazier foul.

But yes, Greer went right around TU also

IlliniRon

Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Ft Worth, Texas
De Lerosa looks like the ticket to shore up the inside game right now.

De La Rosa having some kind of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.