Game Thread: Illinois at Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.
things that make a BIG difference: healthy DLR, aggressive Damonte. If those two play aggressive and consistent this is a completely different team.

I hope good things come Da'monte's way. He plays the game right.
Like x5. He reminds me of AJ a lot: plays D, rebounds well, seems to be in the right place a lot. Hopefully the offense comes more and more as he gets older.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Damonte is showing out and I love it. Coach is riding his energy right now.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Now that they are hitting their 3s, we need to hit at least 1.

Why do we feel the need to placate Kipper. What does he bring? He wants to transfer, let him. I don't know of a program in DI that won't expect effort on the defensive end.

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
Man, not sure what is wrong with Trent but it’s not good

I’m hoping it’s not an Ayo incompatibility issue. It feels like only at Illinois does the pre-season excitement of having one of the best duos in the conference turn into...this.

Man, not sure what is wrong with Trent but it’s not good
Northwestern has borrowed an innovative strategy from Izzo on guarding ball screens called “fouling” and he’s not been able to get space. He needs to figure out how to make some space by himself with a smaller player on him.

If I was coaching against this team, I’d have a bigger guy on Trent all day. He struggles against size.

I’m hoping it’s not an Ayo incompatibility issue. It feels like only at Illinois does the pre-season excitement of having one of the best duos in the conference turn into...this.

I was just thinking Trend and Ayo do not seem to play well together. How different from Dee and Derron?

Status
Not open for further replies.