Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alum and Illini Dad
Chicago
Very much a Chicago Bears-like scenario unfolding. Good start hideous finish no leaders bad "drafts" suspect coaching OMG I can't watch anymore.

I've got to pull my baby backs out of the smoker and then watch NFL. Peace, out.

Los Angeles
Fine- you keep hugging Groce after each 2nd half collapse and we will see where this program ends up at the end of the year. If I am wrong and we make the tournament, I'll be the first one back here to admit I was wrong. Agree To disagree, just remember Groce recruited these players to execute his game plan with the exception of Egwu.
That's fine. Say he's a failure as a recruiter. You could make that argument. I don't think he's the trash fire of an in-game coach that you and others claim he is.

Maui
This team really reminds me of the bears. Some talented parts but disfunctional overall

Colorado
Today is the first day that I can say I am so freaking frustrated by being an Illini fan. Robert @alioneye wrote an article about wanting to win something... anything... please U of I Athletics, do something for me as a fan. PLEASE.

Normal IL
I am a backer of Groce but he was out coached today. Why in the world would you keep in a pg that can not score or play D during a huge OSU run? When Tate is on the floor its 4 on 5. Their is no reason Rice can't play PG from time to time and go a little bigger. Bottom line we better find a real pg fast.

That's fine. Say he's a failure as a recruiter. You could make that argument. I don't think he's the trash fire of an in-game coach that you and others claim he is.
He's not and he recruits at a high level. Hopefully LaLu left at the half

DeKalb
Wow.

Physical big 10 defenses are going to tear this team apart this year unless they can tighten up their play.

Yet another team plays one of their best games of the season against Illinois.

This team has to play perfect for 40 minutes to be in competitive games, any slip up is a 15-20 point swing.

Much more concerned with the lack of intensity, some of these guys are raw, but regardless, they were beat and hanging their heads when this was a single digit game.

Fair enough, this is why we have this board to discuss. I am very concerned about our beloved program. We should not be this bad. Period. Groce needs to get more out of these guys and we are running out of time.

Does anyone remember what the line was? Around here it seems like it was a lot closer then I remember it.

Millsboro, DE
Why o why Leron. Needs to set the bench the entire game when he pulls these moves

Those who think that the problems on the floor aren't Groce's fault are crazy. His teams play a glorified pick up game basketball. Everyone has a green light and no one plays defense. With all the good basketball players that come out of Illinois, why do we have some of the lowest basketball IQ players?

Groce is a rah rah guy that isn't getting it done. Finishing in the top 5 for 5 start recruits, but never landing one is just fantasy land! Pick players that fit your system and develop them. If you can't find them in Illinois then time to move on.

And I don't want to hear that "you must not be a real fan if you think this way". Whatever! I'd rather watch Wisconsin play real basketball with some of our Illinois players none the less. At least it's watchable.

But I'll look forward to next years early season games so I can watch Illinois pound the crap out of Flamingo Beauty College.

Status
Not open for further replies.