Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix, AZ
Those who think that the problems on the floor aren't Groce's fault are crazy. His teams play a glorified pick up game basketball. Everyone has a green light and no one plays defense. With all the good basketball players that come out of Illinois, why do we have some of the lowest basketball IQ players?

Groce is a rah rah guy that isn't getting it done. Finishing in the top 5 for 5 start recruits, but never landing one is just fantasy land! Pick players that fit your system and develop them. If you can't find them in Illinois then time to move on.

And I don't want to hear that "you must not be a real fan if you think this way". Whatever! I'd rather watch Wisconsin play real basketball with some of our Illinois players none the less. At least it's watchable.

But I'll look forward to next years early season games so I can watch Illinois pound the crap out of Flamingo Beauty College.
Our D was pretty fantastic last year. We just always lack something. Our players could not seem to grasp the last coach's system and those were a lot of 50-100 type recruits as well.

Hard to put your finger on it really.

Los Angeles
Those who think that the problems on the floor aren't Groce's fault are crazy. His teams play a glorified pick up game basketball. Everyone has a green light and no one plays defense.
Starting to think the anti-Groce faction is rooted in this flagrant misunderstanding of offensive strategy.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Those who think that the problems on the floor aren't Groce's fault are crazy. His teams play a glorified pick up game basketball. Everyone has a green light and no one plays defense.
You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. We were 11th in the nation in defense last year.

Professional Social Distancer
Virginia
I didnt really see the big deal with the elbow. I saw a flop more than anything
It was a cheap shot going by... not necessary at all and I'm really surprised he continues to do that.

I don't know what game you're watching. A lot of young guys who aren't battle hardened, not elite on defense, this isn't a Final Four contender by any means. Nova might be.
They only start three seniors with countless top 100 players. The Buckeyes are a lot better than the off brand Wildcats

it says alot boys. TA being out for the season and loosing darius paul may have been the death toll for the season. When you loose your leader, you loose your heart

Chester actually shot well his senior year. Maybe I'm just forgetful, but that is how I remember it.

Never thought I'd say this...but I'm really starting to miss Chester Frazier and his tenacity...he couldn't shoot...but at least he brought it defensively every game.
It used to be the way the ILLINI played basketball...where did it go?

Never thought I'd say this...but I'm really starting to miss Chester Frazier and his tenacity...he couldn't shoot...but at least he brought it defensively every game.
It used to be the way the ILLINI played basketball...where did it go?
Or Jon Ekey, Sam Mclaurin, DJ Richardson and Tracy Abrams. How many charges have we taken so far this year? The Matto point totals have to be way down from last year. This team is not tough or together.

oklahoma city
Bring on the Terrapins
We will lose by double digits at home put it in the books. Maryland one of the hottest teams in the country. Playing against us who lets face it we stink we will struggle with Penn St, Nw, and Rutgers as well. I will keep watching cause i cant force myself to stop i love the program too much.

He's trying to bring toughness, but elbows went out of style 3-4 years ago. If not longer
In fairness it looked like he might have received one first and got caught on the response while fighting through a screen. May have been a bit of a flop too, but he's got to keep his head, he's already got a reputation so refs aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ohio St,by far the best team we've played this year, Wednesday,it will be Maryland. TOUGHNESS: Not collapsing mentally on both ends of the floor as we've seen this 2nd half.

Millsboro, DE
Didn't expect to win, but these second half blowouts are getting old. Far too many second half turnovers and defensive lapses. Here's to hoping La Lumiere left at half time

Man, Maverick with the hard hedge that actually pushed the ball handler toward half court and a double that took away the pass to the roll man. Is that how that's supposed to work?

Ohio St,by far the best team we've played this year, Wednesday,it will be Maryland. TOUGHNESS: Not collapsing mentally on both ends of the floor as we've seen this 2nd half.
Maryland would've been if they didn't have so many guys transfer out. They still go 8-9 deep with talent. I've been blown away by Layman. He's like Smotcryz but more athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.