Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a hard day to say it, sure, but Illinois football will be better next year. 2019 has potential to be special with the sheer amount of youth that is currently getting quality playing time. You have Smalling, Dorsey, Epstein, Williams, Hobbs, Roundtree, Gay, etc. all together to grow, and Calvin Avery coming in. Not all is dark --- and I implore you all to stop this "it will never be turned around" attitude if you actually have an interest in this program turning the corner.

Edit: Stanley Green has a lot of fight in him

Last edited by a moderator:

IlliniMed

Lillington, N.C.
Then why keep posting? Today is a hard day to say it, sure, but Illinois football will be better next year. 2019 has potential to be special with the sheer amount of youth that is currently getting quality playing time. You have Smalling, Dorsey, Epstein, Williams, Hobbs, Roundtree, Gay, etc. all together to grow, and Calvin Avery coming in. Not all is dark --- and I implore you all to stop this "it will never be turned around" attitude if you actually have an interest in this program turning the corner.

Thank you

Illini_1979

Oregon
Then why keep posting? Today is a hard day to say it, sure, but Illinois football will be better next year. 2019 has potential to be special with the sheer amount of youth that is currently getting quality playing time. You have Smalling, Dorsey, Epstein, Williams, Hobbs, Roundtree, Gay, etc. all together to grow, and Calvin Avery coming in. Not all is dark --- and I implore you all to stop this "it will never be turned around" attitude if you actually have an interest in this program turning the corner.

Edit: Stanley Green has a lot of fight in him

Well said. It is tough to watch because we all want to win now but I am hopeful for our future.

IlliniMed

Lillington, N.C.
Told you he would replace them lol. Meyer is a class guy. Not the best, but a class guy. He's not going to stick it to Lovie

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Told you he would replace them lol. Meyer is a class guy. Not the best, but a class guy. He's not going to stick it to Lovie

Don't think I've ever seen a starting unit pulled in the second quarter at this level.

IlliniMed

Lillington, N.C.
Don't think I've ever seen a starting unit pulled in the second quarter at this level.

OU is graduating 19 HIGHLY TALENTED seniors and has a plethora of talent in their underclassmen. I'm not surprised. We essentially have high schoolers on the field. Better days are ahead of us. This seasons would still be bad but more tolerable if we had a decent QB

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
And we fired a coach who beat OSU at their place, recruited 5-star players and started 6-0 in his final season at Illinois.....

Are we really going to go through this revisionist history again? We fired a coach that had 1 winning regular season out of 7 and couldn't get a recruiting bump after a Rose Bowl appearance. 40% overall winning percentage, 32% in conference. And in his last 4 years (after beating OSU and going to the RB) was 20-28 overall and 11-21 in the B1G. A coach that admitted that he didn't know what the score was when making decisions about PAT vs 2PA. That coach?

and started 6-0 in his final season at Illinois.....
ahem...and finished 0-6 in his final season at Illinois.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
OU is graduating 19 HIGHLY TALENTED seniors and has a plethora of talent in their underclassmen. I'm not surprised. We essentially have high schoolers on the field. Better days are ahead of us. This seasons would still be bad but more tolerable if we had a decent QB

I agree, just saying I don't think I'd ever seen it before.

radiodj

Houston

When you twice go for it on 4th down with a 30 point + lead; it's hard to make that argument. Sorry, but it just is.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Are we really going to go through this revisionist history again? We fired a coach that had 1 winning regular season out of 7 and couldn't get a recruiting bump after a Rose Bowl appearance. 40% overall winning percentage, 32% in conference. And in his last 4 years (after beating OSU and going to the RB) was 20-28 overall and 11-21 in the B1G. A coach that admitted that he didn't know what the score was when making decisions about PAT vs 2PA. That coach?

ahem...and finished 0-6 in his final season at Illinois.

All the guys that were fired in the past deserved it.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
They said before the game JGJ has a thumb injury on his throwing hand and would only be used in an emergency.

I guess when the house has already burned down, it's no longer an emergency.

HOLY SMOKES!!!! WE SCORED!!!

Illini_1979

Oregon
Add that to the GIF thread.

Err, ummm, nevermind, just noticed that there is no GIF thread. :eek:

Defense only needs to do that 5 more times now. :)

I don’t see how you can expect these same players to be that much better next year

Status
Not open for further replies.