Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Just sped through the Wake Forest game from December 2004 as prep for tonight. I'm now hyped and ready to go!! A couple of interesting observations:

* In our man offense, I believe we set fewer than 4 high ball screens for the PG. Instead, it was all about the motion offense. Those guys were sprinting through the offensive plays. It was a sight to behold. Constant movement and back door plays; minimal dribbling.
* Dee was again referred to as the 1-man fast break. He was amazing end-to-end! Hoping that's what Curbelo can provide next year.
* Bilas and Raftery agreed the Assembly Hall environment (Orange Krush, et.al.) was the best atmosphere in college BB.
* Bilas is (and always has been) a really good Illini supporter
* We were such as outstanding offensive club (Rev was shooting 73% on the season; Dee was hitting 62% from 3-pt range) and all of those percentages went up after that game

Psyched. Let's execute tonight's game plan! This game is winnable!!!!!!!!!!!!

philcon

Plano, TX
I think Liddell will play this game of his life because....well...we're Illinois. I hope I'm wrong. My guess is OSU 71 IL 65. My hope is that we don't have a single possession that Kofi doesn't touch the ball. It puts incredible stress on their defense and it sounds like they can only go 6-7 deep due to injuries. Get them in foul trouble and the stress gets that much worse.. We have not done well against teams where they have a big that shoots 3's as obviously Wesson does. I trust that Underwood has changed his defense to prepare for this. We combat that with doing the opposite. Make them defense Kofi on the interior every possession. There aren't quality games of ANY sport on TV tonight except for IL so it's a great opportunity as potential recruits may be watching. What I do know is that THE I will battle to the end!

SuperMetroid

Evanston
The wife and in-laws are all O$U fans. Could use a little bragging rights for a change.

Just sped through the Wake Forest game from December 2004 as prep for tonight. I'm now hyped and ready to go!! A couple of interesting observations:

* In our man offense, I believe we set fewer than 4 high ball screens for the PG. Instead, it was all about the motion offense. Those guys were sprinting through the offensive plays. It was a sight to behold. Constant movement and back door plays; minimal dribbling.
* Dee was again referred to as the 1-man fast break. He was amazing end-to-end! Hoping that's what Curbelo can provide next year.
* Bilas and Raftery agreed the Assembly Hall environment (Orange Krush, et.al.) was the best atmosphere in college BB.
* We were such as outstanding offensive club (Rev was shooting 73% on the season; Dee was hitting 62% from 3-pt range) and all of those percentages went up after that game

I will execute my game plan perfectly which will, no doubt, result in an Illini victory.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Benetti with the orange tie.......

Virtually every college coach knows for a fact that the faster you move through your offense, without sloppy passes and turnovers, the more efficient and effective it will be. Unfortunately, few college players buy into this or have the state of mind and skill to do so.

Wow....these refs are calling it tight! Both ways. Game is going to take 3 hours to play at this clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.