Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
This biggest disappointment, by far, this year has been TF. On a team that lacks shooters, he had a massive roll. GB I figured could have a problem moving off the post, so I can't say I'm utterly shocked, but TF has been flat out disappointing.

Onward and upward however! Still some game and season left for TF to turn it around.
Need to have him play less of a defensive stopper role. He gets worn down. Every night its Cowan, Simpson, Winston etc. He isn't big enough to play dog defense and be #2 on offense.

Seriously? Did someone just lift the rock you've been under off of you?
No. Both times we’ve been on national television, we’ve curled into a fetal position. Pretty hard to root for a team that seems to run and hide every time there is a big game

Ref looking around trying to figure out a way not to give Wesson a foul.

Frazier is the best defender on the team. He draws the opponents #1 guard every game. It wears you out, and still he is a dog on D and pretty good on offense. Shots haven't been falling, but they are good shots. You don't know what you are talking about re Trent. As far as Giorgi, you can't play him. Simple as that. Unfortunately, you have no choice.
That's fine if you want to put him in the "he's an elite defender" class, but it you want to do that, we also have DMW who is in that same class. Can't have two offensive liabilities on the court at the same time. TF, along with AG, were supposed to be our perimeter options. That was TFs role before the season started, correct?

To say that his role has regressed to being just a dog on defense....that's disappointing.

How many shots do KC and GB have in the second half? 3? Does not seem they have touched the ball.
Be nice if both the inside game and outside game could work simultaneously, but one of them has to work.-
Got to make yourself available for the pass.

Im sorry, but this is on Underwood. Team was clearly not ready for this game. 3 Turnovers in First 2 Minutes of Game. Substitutions have been HORRIBLE all game. Expects Kofi to be able to guard 3 big guys with 4 guards around him. Also, offense has been AWFUL in the 2nd half. Say what you want about the refs, BUT this team has been shot in the foot by our coach.
f
Strongly disagree....they played a great first half and OSU played a great second half while our shots clanged. Typical B1G road game but not due to lack of prep.

I have been begging for an over the back call all game and we don’t get it and they get one on a half !!! call

I mean we just simply suck at shooting 3’s....if Trent was anywhere near where he was in years past we would be top 15

Rad

Nashville, TN
TF plays solid D but does not cause many turnovers. The real problem is he puts very little pressure on the defense, creates very little on offense even though he has the ball a lot and his rebounding is nonexistent.

Trent has been a funk for the past month he is not the same player

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
No. Both times we’ve been on national television, we’ve curled into a fetal position. Pretty hard to root for a team that seems to run and hide every time there is a big game

What? You mean like at Wisconsin? Smoking PU? @scUM? Are you talking about rooting for the team with a shot at the B1G regular season title with two games left?

Hard to root for this team? Ok.

Welp...finally fouled out Wesson. Nice moral victory if we can’t score an actual one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.