Game Thread: Illinois at Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

the national

the Front Range
They called that a foul, they are calling everything for penn state. I’m sooo frustrated. To the point where I need to take a brake. The refs completely took Illinois out of the game, and handed the momentum to penn state.

Too bad Kane isnt ready to play at this level yet

To bad if that's the case, our coaches couldn't have figured that out sooner and looked at this thing called a redshirt. Absolutely no excuse for burning a year of elgibility for us to sit here and watch ADLR have no offensive game or ability to meet a pass to prevent a turnover.

Tough to see why Kip gets tick over Tev. Make the same mistakes, but I can live with a freshman making freshman mistakes. Don't see anything offensively, defensively that gives an edge to Kip.

Deleted member 746167

D
When they went on their 4 game run Underwood opened up the bench and played the young guys in waves. Jones, Griffin, and even Kane. He has stopped doing that and now we look like the team we were before that. Don’t understand it....

We are fouling them, consistently, on shots under the hoop and the refs are calling it. They are hand checking and bumping guys on the dribble with no call. They could absolutely call more of the physical play on PSU, but it’s apples and oranges and not our biggest problem right now.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Watch, the refs will start calling a bunch of inconsequential stuff against Penn St. to make it look more even on the sheet.

Deleted member 29907

D
there have been 3 or 4 that they could've called on them
Yeah, their big dork also traveled before Giorgi fouled him o the floor. how does that guy get away with basically setting a moving pick for Stevens?

Deleted member 746317

D
So, ... we are up at half. Have to take that and be grateful.

Want to point out that ADLR did have one very nice defensive stop a few minutes before half.

Don't like the turnover numbers for PSU, but looks like we are trying to avoid that "layup line" I read about in the Indiana game.
1552236803532.png

Deleted member 746167

D
They are definitely bumping us down low on the dribble every possession. We have to get stronger to play through that. Not fair that it isn’t called but you have to play through it. We really need to work on our leg strength and ball handling in the offseason.

Playing so much zone, we're not going to dominate the turnover battle. We know we can't matchup physically, so we're going to give up a ton of 3 attempts. They make them or offensive board in the second half we're in trouble. If we can limit them to 1 and done, Underwoods giving us a chance.

Deleted member 746167

D
Playing so much zone, we're not going to dominate the turnover battle. We know we can't matchup physically, so we're going to give up a ton of 3 attempts. They make them or offensive board in the second half we're in trouble. If we can limit them to 1 and done, Underwoods giving us a chance.

Is he though? We know what happens in the 2nd half. We have played a short bench (the same team we used to get our crap record) and Jones/Griffin/Kane have not played. Do you remember when we went on our win streak? They played! I sure wish someone in the press room had some balls to press him on the issue. I would like an honest answer and maybe I would even understand..

Status
Not open for further replies.