Game Thread: Illinois at Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Access is pretty cool to see, Trent/Ayo on par, Giorgi looks as unconfident as he has ever been here, and Feliz has done nothing due to them playing his drives...good lead now keep it.

First sub out for Griffin after the 3?
Missed free throws after technical?
Look for PSU to even game out with fouls in 2nd.
Kofi has to play smarter and more aggressive
Need a bench player to really step up.
Jones not there....another issue?

Nice free throw shooting. This game can be had if we quit shooting ourselves in the foot.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Good grief...it doesn't matter what the broadcast is, it's terrible! Some of you crack me up! Dakich, bad. Bardo, bad. Student broadcasters, bad. No announcers, bad.

Well, good thing we still thought we had a chance and didn’t just mail it in. Who’d have thought we’d be up at the half with no Kofi...

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I’m never a fan of getting on here and complaining about guys missing free throws... we know they’re practicing them, and it’s not a lack of effort. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes guys get in their own heads. Easy for us to say “make the free ones” from our couches. Get after a guy for his lack of effort before you blame him for missing a shot. Let’s win this damn game.
The cure for that is second chance points under the rim.

Penn State is simply a bit sluggish....and if they reverse that and find energy to push the second half the Illini will have a difficult task to win. However, one of the reasons they are sluggish is that the Illini are pushing the pace and are used to running hard and defending hard the entire game. Hope that is true tonight as they may run the Lions out of gas. Extra energy comes from having all 8 starters instead of 7 and Ayo's presence has been a shot in the arm. Illiini are actually shooting better from the floor which is unusual and unexpected. I would have had Ayo shoot the technical shots as Frazier has worked exceptionally hard and seemed to tighten up during the wait. He is a feel shooter and does not rely on speed consistency of his lift to release and can't be relied upon at all times...needs to be loose. Pretty good half of play.

Need to solve their tough free throw D.

Well, good thing we still thought we had a chance and didn’t just mail it in. Who’d have thought we’d be up at the half with no Kofi...
Conversely, Penn State probably feels pretty good with Stephens on the bench most the first half.

Will be interesting.

the national

the Front Range
I like the way underwood is call is this game. The all access is a pretty good looking inside the coaches corner. Ps, Chambers is a bad cheerleader and not much of a coach. So many lame unuseful comments. Underwood gives concrete feedback

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I've just got a bad feeling that the foul calls are getting ready to flip.....in a bad way.

Illinichaz

Chicago Loop
I like Chambers keeps reminding them to be mentally tough....because he knows they have not been so far. Part of that the frustration T in first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.