Game Thread: Illinois at Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois at Purdue
3:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

A win is a must if we want to be dancing. I don't see a way we get in without it (barring quite a run in the BTT).

Bloomington
Yup, gotta win. Hopefully Hill or Nunn go wild today in tandem with Ray. Really gotta have two of our guards going.

A win would be great. Would love to climb on top of IU.
Even more importantly, it also gives us a huge advantage against Purdue (another bubble team) come selection time, having gone 2-0 against them in head-to-head competition.

Bloomington
Gah I keep vacillating between confident and worried out of my mind.

Washington, DC
Assuming we leapfrog the entire state of Indiana with a win, is it definite that we play Minnesota? I know we do if Minny wins at home tomorrow v PSU, but what if PSU pulls the upset? Minnesota is 0-1 against NW, so they lose the two-way tiebreak, right?

If Nebraska wins at home against MD, then it is a 3-way tie. Nebraska is 2-1 v the other two, NW is 1-1, and Minny is 1-2.

I say we cheer for PSU and Nebraska tomorrow.

Assuming, of course, we win today. If we lose, we throw our TVs out the window.

New York
Gah I keep vacillating between confident and worried out of my mind.

Me too. I literally had that same thought 5 minutes ago. I've been going back and forth for days.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Assuming we leapfrog the entire state of Indiana with a win, is it definite that we play Minnesota? I know we do if Minny wins at home tomorrow v PSU, but what if PSU pulls the upset? Minnesota is 0-1 against NW, so they lose the two-way tiebreak, right?

If Nebraska wins at home against MD, then it is a 3-way tie. Nebraska is 2-1 v the other two, NW is 1-1, and Minny is 1-2.

I say we cheer for PSU and Nebraska tomorrow.

Assuming, of course, we win today. If we lose, we throw our TVs out the window.
We could play other teams. Check the B1G Tournament Bracketology thread.

Let's go Illini!!! Going to be at Schoolyard watching the game. Can't. Wait for a great atmosphere!!!

Champaign, IL
Jeremy Werner ‏@WernerESPNCU 5m5 minutes ago
Today's officials: Lamont Simpson, Bill Ek, Donnie Eppley

Simpson sucks but not the worst crew.

Washington, DC
We could play other teams. Check the B1G Tournament Bracketology thread.
If we win, we are a 7, and we play the 10, which is Minnesota if they win tomorrow, and either NW or Neb if Minnesota loses. What other teams are possible?

All of this is speculation, both because we are a long shot to win and Minny is an even longer shot to lose at home to PSU, but I think I've covered the map if we win.

And if we lose, it is Michigan, right?

Champaign

Agree on Simpson, don't know the other two.

Champaign

This is actually about as good a draw as you could get for a crucial B1G game IMO...

Champaign, IL
This is actually about as good a draw as you could get for a crucial B1G game IMO...
Yep. Can't complain... only way it's better is if it was Valentine over Simpson. Eppley did the Iowa/Illinois game last week.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.