Game Thread: Illinois at Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just ran a free 27 seconds off the clock, what a boneheaded move by Brohm. Situational football!

Deleted member 656517

D
Hayes will be special teams BIG player of the week

Deleted member 654622

D
Their LBs are going all out on the run. I still would like a little play action dump to the TE over the middle

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Is the rule on safeties just the inverse of TDs? You just have to get the nose of the football across the line?

I'd guess he was just looking for more room - but Brohm gave him an early Christmas present.

I would tend to agree but Lovie is the exact type of veteran coach who would know this rule.

Purdue needs 3 TDs and 3 2 point conversions just to tie this thing and Jeff Brohm let 27 seconds get away. Awful, awful, awful.

Their LBs are going all out on the run. I still would like a little play action dump to the TE over the middle

I think they are concerned with poor wet ball throws/turnovers. Lovie is going to run clock, play the field position , and wait for Purdue to make mistakes.

Deleted member 746684

D
I think they are concerned with poor wet ball throws/turnovers. Lovie is going to run clock, play the field position , and wait for Purdue to make mistakes.
That's just so Lovie Smith.

Looks like we have lost a bit of defensive intensity.

Deleted member 645583

D
I know all of you are secretly wondering about this: the all-time Illinois-Purdue series is tied 44-44-6. Amazing.

Illini: take the lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.