Game Thread: Illinois at Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

Win or die trying.

Limit TOs, Rebound, eliminate dumb fouls, and play great D and we have a chance. Play inside out Go Illini!

someone asked about the spread last game and i was curious so i looked it up

Purdue
(9-6)
37Under 131.0127.5130.5 / 130.5o21 / 131o15131+112-3 -15
Illinois
(10-5)
63 -1-2 -15 / -2 -13 / -2-2 -05-13168.5

Purdue is tough at home and has moved to a 6 point favorite. Lets turn the boiler down! There is no team i enjoy beating more the the Boilers having sat in front of too many boiler fans and listened to that chant!

Hopingfor500:
"This is going to be a tough one. A real tough one. They shoot lights out at that place and the crowd is a heavy, heavy factor. It's one of the true home court advantages in college basketball. There's always hope and there's always a chance, but in removing the O & B glasses and assessing how the conference has done on the road as a whole:
Purdue. 71
Good Guys. 56
If will be a good first half, then Purdue will go on a 10-2, 12-2 run based on open threes and the crowd going bananas. These guys are good.....real good at home
."

I agree with the assessment. But that would make the win only that much sweeter.

If the lens on your crystal ball is that clear, Could you send me the winning numbers on the next Powerball? There will be a real Beach house in it for you.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I love having two AWAY games consecutively where we won't be favored. Lowers the expectations. Further, it will make our one or two wins this week all the more special.

Watching on Tivo later tonight and first going to a HS game. Please --- no phone call/email/text spoilers. ILL!!!!!!!!!!!

I love having two AWAY games consecutively where we won't be favored. Lowers the expectations. Further, it will make our one or two wins this week all the more special.

Watching on Tivo later tonight and first going to a HS game. Please --- no phone call/email/text spoilers. ILL!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with that one. Shut off your social media now.

Hopingfor500:
"This is going to be a tough one. A real tough one. They shoot lights out at that place and the crowd is a heavy, heavy factor. It's one of the true home court advantages in college basketball. There's always hope and there's always a chance, but in removing the O & B glasses and assessing how the conference has done on the road as a whole:
Purdue. 71
Good Guys. 56
If will be a good first half, then Purdue will go on a 10-2, 12-2 run based on open threes and the crowd going bananas. These guys are good.....real good at home
."

I agree with the assessment. But that would make the win only that much sweeter.

If the lens on your crystal ball is that clear, Could you send me the winning numbers on the next Powerball? There will be a real Beach house in it for you.
Most times, my crystal ball is as clear as mud. I hope that remains true.

Deleted member 29907

D
Dan D (n)- time to switch to the radio feed.

We need our student section to be like this..... I remember when the orange Krush was so feared...

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Only four minutes in and Giorgi needs to sit with two fouls. Need Kipper and Griffin to soak up some minutes here.

Deleted member 4960

D
1 cheap foul on Giorgi and now he’s sitting for 15 minutes

That first call on Giorgi was questionable but Giorgi should know not to contest that shot with 1 foul and so much clock left in the half still.

This is why “refs” make it hard to win on the road. That extra whistle makes all the difference.

Deleted member 182960

D
If Ayo stays in control then Giorgi doesn’t pick up that 2nd foul

Status
Not open for further replies.