Game Thread: Illinois at Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
All things considered, down 2 on the road without Ayo isn't bad. BU has some adjustments to make in the locker room because Pikiell definitely will

This. It feels like in this return to glory one thing that has been lacking is coming out at the half swinging. The other team usually has made adjustments and exploits something 5 possessions in a row and we are shell shocked.

Deleted member 746654

D
At the game and I can tell you Rutgers game plan is to wear out TF without his running mate

Kofi with 0 fouls that half is huge. Just need to start knocking down our threes, and we got this.

Pretty happy with that half of basketball. Silver lining of Ayo being out means Tevian has a chance to prove he can be a role player, and he definitely did that in that first half. GB playing well, Kofi playing pretty well. Rutgers made some long 2-point jump shots, but we gotta be better defensively. Too many looks at the rim once they solved that 1-3-1.

I can't believe Tyler Underwood let Ron Harper score 15 points 😡
Most of his jumpers were over DW or TJ. Not a fan of TU having to play, but if he gets caught one on one with Harper, it's 6'6" in socks vs 6'0" in stilettos. Depth because of foul trouble and obviously no Ayo is forcing BU's hand.

It’s close at halftime, but i have a bad feeling how the second half is gonna go. I’ve seen this trend before. 😢
I really hope they can win it without Ayo tho, I really do!

You won't see this happen often in a lifetime, but a crew of B1G officials have given the visiting team a 9-7 advantage in fouls called in the first half. I would bet my life it will not end that way but at least we have seen that anomaly occur in a 20 min. period.

We need to make our FTs, stay on the o glass, and limit TOs. Also when Rutgers rarely leaves us open we gotta hit. AG, Tev, Dre and TF all had great looks a few times and missed. Gotta hit to win on the road

Georgi with 2-3 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 3 boards and zero fouls off the bench. I would say it is about as good a start at rebuilding his mojo as one could ask. What a great talent to have gotten lost in his own mind but that can change in week and could not look more positive at a rebuild right now.

You won't see this happen often in a lifetime, but a crew of B1G officials have given the visiting team a 9-7 advantage in fouls called in the first half. I would bet my life it will not end that way but at least we have seen that anomaly occur in a 20 min. period.
Well that must mean Kofi was fouled a lot more. That is the Kofi effect i would say. He has been fouled often and needs to make those FTs

Most of his jumpers were over DW or TJ. Not a fan of TU having to play, but if he gets caught one on one with Harper, it's 6'6" in socks vs 6'0" in stilettos. Depth because of foul trouble and obviously no Ayo is forcing BU's hand.
I was joking. he played 2 minutes. That's just how some posters act every time Tyler gets on the floor; everything has to be his fault.

This game really shows how valuable Ayo is to this team
It also shows how valuable Feliz is off the bench with his totally antithesis threat to Ayo. With all the scoring options in the starting lineup, he is just not as valuable as he is off the bench with his aggressive effort to score. Ayo is the lead dog with the starters and Feliz with the bench.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Georgi with 2-3 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 3 boards and zero fouls off the bench. I would say it is about as good a start at rebuilding his mojo as one could ask. What a great talent to have gotten lost in his own mind but that can change in week and could not look more positive at a rebuild right now.

You could almost say he deserves to have his name spelled correctly.

IlliniReb

Dallas-Fort Worth
Did I miss something? Why was Kipper not in much (don't really remember him in at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.