Game Thread: Illinois at Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10500

D
It’s the shooting. Effort solid. Just can’t shoot worth a diddly

Deleted member 656517

D
We look broken right now. Need one player not named ayo to take charge and step up. I’m thinking Griffin

Deleted member 656517

D
Get Kofi a breather and run Giorgi at the 5. Need to revert back to how we played last 2 yrs

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Once again....the toughest Illini team I think I've ever watched. No quit.

I'm a couple of minutes behind on Tivo --- but I'd give TF an A-/B+ so far in the game.
While I don't agree he's earned an A-/B+, it's moot.....to win today they needed him with an A+ plus some extra credit. I think Settles said it early in the first half.....Frazier needed 20+ for us to win this one. He's not shouldering enough of the offensive load.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Kofi, as most bigs are, is most effective when he knows exactly what he's going to do with the ball when he gets it. Go straight to the rim, shoot, or pass out of the double/triple. He's in big trouble when he gets the ball in a bad spot. Some of that is on the guards.

I hate all the threes but we are out of sync with Kofi right now. Our best offense was that sequence where GB was abusing their big men.

Still hanging around. The goal is to win this one or the next. ayo will b back for the easy stretch

While I don't agree he's earned an A-/B+, it's moot.....to win today they needed him with an A+ plus some extra credit. I think Settles said it early in the first half.....Frazier needed 20+ for us to win this one. He's not shouldering enough of the offensive load.
Trent rarely gets an easy wide open shot...work load this game heavy... probably tired and feels need to shoot quickly to avoid blocks...tough matchup for him

The reality of Kofi is potential...he has much to learn but is slowly learning by failing his way to success. Mostly, he needs to hold onto the ball stronger and get rid of it quicker rather than dribbling, He does keep his pivot solid most of the time which is a big plus. But the steal by Baker was typical of being unaware of what can happen when the ball is below his head and not held like a glass ball. He will learn....but it will take time.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Down 7 with 6 min left. I predicted we'd be down 15 at this point without Ayo playing. I think we've played pretty darned well! Still in it......

Status
Not open for further replies.