Game Thread: Illinois at Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

altenberger22

South Carolina
5:00 left in the 3rd quarter. First post of the day as I wanted to wait and observe a bit before jumping to any quick conclusions.

1. Defense has had one major lapse --- first drive of the game. Otherwise acceptable performance today (at least so far)
2. If we had Wisconsin's O-line, I think we've got a decent QB we could work with for the next 3-4 years
3. Luke Ford has to regret his decision to come here
4. The rest of America would vomit if forced to watch this game on national TV. Thankfully, we're able to hide it on BTN with an early kick-off

Really? Lovie made him take a knee? Come on! Enough with the agenda! When you're right you're right, but this is too much... I understand the frustration but come on man!
Yes, lack of awareness is a by-product of a poorly coached team. Where have you been? If my agenda is to see Smith fired then you nailed it my friend.

Yes, lack of awareness is a by-product of a poorly coached team. Where have you been? If my agenda is to see Smith fired then you nailed it my friend.
It's obvious! But thanks for sharing! Just saying kids do have brain lapses at times on their own regardless of coaching! For that matter so do adults! Matt Nagy for example!

Time for those stud tightends right here for me! Play action to the back and an easy tightend dump pass for the first! The one they missed on earlier would work here! The Tebow play!

So does winning this game or keeping it close save Lovie's job for now?
Yes, I think this could be a signature win which could turn the season and recruiting around. Still a lot of 4 stars waiting for this victory before committing.

So does winning this game or keeping it close save Lovie's job for now?
Unfortunately yes. And it probably buys him 2 more blowouts.

With the next 2 weeks being Nebraska and Ohio State, maybe it buys him more than that, because those are pretty much expected blowouts. Ugh.

Why don't we ever throw a flare pass to a running back conjunction if if the back field? We did it once early and he dropped it, but he had lots of running room had he hung on to it.

Yes, I think this could be a signature win which could turn the season and recruiting around. Still a lot of 4 stars waiting for this victory before committing.
Hmmmm....sarcasm, I hope??

Rutgers is not a signature win.

Status
Not open for further replies.