Game Thread: Illinois at Wake Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

archgrad2006

Indianapolis
Great play out of the gate. And two fouls on WF! OskeeWowWow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys complaining about fouls and the refs calling it unevenly but look at how much more aggressively we play on defense. Illinois gets way more aggressive on D, way more reaching and body contact but mostly the reaching. We are always challenging and trying to slap at the ball which is going to lead to more fouls.

14-5, dude. 14. 5.

That's a flagrant 1. At least it better be. It was no different than the MSU flagrant 1 that was called when Penson had the worst flop I've ever seen.

blackdog

Champaign
Agree, but call em both ways....they’re not

Honestly watching that half there weren't a lot of plays where I could say that Wake committed a foul that wasn't called. Maybe 1 or 2. Maybe 2 or 3 the other way that shouldn't have been called on Illinois. Still going to be a big foul difference.

You guys complaining about fouls and the refs calling it unevenly but look at how much more aggressively we play on defense. Illinois gets way more aggressive on D, way more reaching and body contact but mostly the reaching. We are always challenging and trying to slap at the ball which is going to lead to more fouls.

It will be less and less as the year goes on...just look at teams that play like this...by the end of the year it looks like a fight with no fouls called.

blackdog

Champaign
14-5, dude. 14. 5.

We shot a lot of 3s and barely drove the ball inside. Wake played a zone most of the half and didn't even challenge past the 3 point line. We reached in at dumb times and committed stupid fouls. Don't blame it on the refs. Illinois style of play led to the foul difference.

blackdog

Champaign
Honestly didn't even think that was possible......

Trakis

Chicago, IL
We just got John Fox'd. Unreal.

It's either tech on a flop or a legit foul. Inadvertent whistle should be investigated as these refs are morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.